FS: Ariel Atom 3 300, California Registered, aero kit, black on black

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Mota Leira

FS: Ariel Atom 3 300, California Registered, aero kit, black on black

Post by Mota Leira » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:22 pm

Previously listed for $72k, now listed for $69,995 on ebay:

Over $80k new optioned out as it is. With less than 3,800 miles, this car is in EXCELLENT condition.

The car has been driven on a regular basis and meticulously cared for with overly frequent oil changes, always garaged, etc. With the 300hp Supercharger and these wheels, there is no other car in the world that can keep up. This is also by far the best looking and most cohesive looking Atom around.

Built October, 2010. Has VIN number, license plate, and all the paper work. These cars can take months to register new and you usually have to "know a guy who knows a guy" to have it pass CHP inspection, smog, brakes & light, etc, to get it street legal. This work has all been done already and never has to be done again and it is completely street legal.

•  K20A engine*
•  Carbon Fiber Wing Set ($6,250 option)
•  Polished Header and Exhaust
•  Wilwood Dynalite Sport Brake Package
•  Remote Brake Bias Adjuster
•  Parking Brake Kit
•  Bilstein Aluminum 10-way Adjustable Damper
•  Two Piece Spring Kit
•  Shift Light Steering Wheel
•  3 Inch 4 Point Harness
•  Aero Screens
•  17" Wheel Package
•  Hoosier R6 tires
•  Stainless Steel Hardware
•  Passenger Footrest
•  Road Race Lighting Kit
•  12V Power Source

* = The K20A was never officially available in the US, so it has the most cachet. It is an engine produced by Honda Racing and includes baffled oil pan, no balance shafts, revs to 9k, and lots of other racing enhancements. It is the single best K series engine to date.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]

FlyingTrotter

Re: FS: Ariel Atom 3 300, California Registered, aero kit, black on black

Post by FlyingTrotter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Sorry to see you go - what is the back story

Mota Leira

Post by Mota Leira » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 pm

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]
Sorry to see you go - what is the back story
[/quote]

My plan when I bought it was to really get into track driving/racing as I had sort of reached the limits of my M3 and was getting more and more into track days. Then I really got into whitewater kayaking and mountain biking and my weekends became occupied with those sports instead.

So I just haven't used the Atom much and I just bought a pickup truck now (Tacoma Baja) for carrying my boats and bikes up and down the coast and out to Utah, Colorado, etc and want to sell the Atom to get some more garage space.

I've loved owning the Atom and still take it out every couple of weeks for a spin around the canyons here. Living in Malibu I'm surrounded by Ferraris, McLarens, Porsches, etc, and it's been pretty amazing to have a car that will outperform all of them at a fraction of the cost and with basically zero maintenance.

Other than my personal weekend-warrior interests shifting, ownership has been a very positive experience and I could see myself coming back again in a couple years.

SloanZurnToto

Post by SloanZurnToto » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:27 am

Good luck with your sale.
I sold my CA registered Atom recently and have no regrets, and I don't miss it realy.
I had only driven it once a month so selling it was a no brainer.
I also mountain bike, have you ever ridden the San Juan Trail, great ride.
Would like to try kayaking and kite surfing some day.