Not wanted anymore as I got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
John H

Re: Wanted atom 245

Post by John H » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:45 pm

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i just bought my first atom after a weekend of deilibration hell. I know I am probably the worst driver on the forum and I just don't care right now. If you aint in u cant win.........................etc.
Please dont diss my newbie questions, I am sure you all did the same at one point and I am a fast learner. Happy atoms toute le monde! Excited from london.com

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Well done John, nice one....

Alec

Post by Alec » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Congratulations John, now tell us all what you bought.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:39 am

He's been quiet since his announcement!

I guess he's Image while looking at all the Atom pics  ;D

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:56 am

I think I know, but I'll let him spout forth..... ;)

John H

Post by John H » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:44 am

Thanks for all the encouragement and abuse....................lovely bunch that you are.
I bought Nathan's (Mr. Toad) 220. I did want a 245, but was suitably terrified by the 220, so thought f*** it, why not. He seemed like a very nice and genuine guy, so I have no worries in doing business with him. It's off down to the factory for a service and health check today, so I should in theory be picking it up at the end of the week.
Erm.................... anyone got a trailer they fancy loaning/renting me as my face was completely frozen within 5 minutes on the test drive????????????????
Cheers

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:52 pm

[quote="John H"]
...my face was completely frozen within 5 minutes on the test drive...[/quote]
That's got nothing to do with the cold...
Everyone has their face frozen on their first test drive; smile, watering eyes, and new hairstyle will stay that way for some time to come.

Congratulations...

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:57 pm

[quote="John H"]
Erm.................... anyone got a trailer they fancy loaning/renting me as my face was completely frozen within 5 minutes on the test drive????????????????
Cheers
[/quote]

Helmet? I've been driving my Atom around quite a bit in sub-zero temps and haven't had any probs.

John H

Re: Not wanted anymore as I got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by John H » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:19 pm

I suspected frozen face might have had something to do with the car rather than the weather (would have been even worse if I had been driving though). I'm going to have a towbar fitted to it, so as when my girlfriend comes out with me we can take a trailer load of makeover equipment as she will undoubtedly refuse to go into anywhere if she looks like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards. Will defo have to get a helmet though, and all my motorcycle trials ones are no use as they are open face. Do u just buy bike full face, or do you go for specific motorsport ones? Sorry to sound so green, but I've never had a car with no windscreen before.
thanks

sportyking

Post by sportyking » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:37 pm

John, my Atom trailer is located in a car park in South London at present.
PM with phone number if you really want to borrow one.
It's not a super duper Brian James enclosed shuttle but it is a simple, fairly new (Jul 06) one that has proved its worth on 4 trips to the ring among other stuff.

John H

Post by John H » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:46 pm

cheers Rich, have sent u a PM