Schumi Back in F1: update August 11th, no he is not!

Dawsey7

Re: Schumi Back in F1: update August 11th, no he is not!

Post by Dawsey7 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:08 pm

[quote="Dawsey"]
Or is that too cynical
[/quote]

[quote="Trigger"]
Spot on !!
[/quote]

Thought not  ;D

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:00 pm

[quote="Dawsey"]
3 cars!

I would see that as 2 racing with their top drivers and the 3rd going round in effect testing new bits and bobs for the race cars!!

Or is that too cynical

Dawsey

[/quote]

At first that would seem the logical conclusion.  However currently newly developed parts are given to the #1 driver suggesting the #3 driver would not get a look in.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:32 pm

'Legard' -  and Fisichella wins

'Brundle' - that was a test session for him!

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Michael Schumacher to 'retun in a few years time'.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/23 ... -23952.jpg

Dawsey7

Post by Dawsey7 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Dawsey"]
3 cars!

I would see that as 2 racing with their top drivers and the 3rd going round in effect testing new bits and bobs for the race cars!!

Or is that too cynical

Dawsey

[/quote]

At first that would seem the logical conclusion.  However currently newly developed parts are given to the #1 driver suggesting the #3 driver would not get a look in.
[/quote]

Agree with that Ben, perhaps I did not get it across correctly.

Drivers 1 and 2 race with current spec, for each race driver 3 has new parts on his car that have been through windtunnels etc but cannot be tested except for the practise sessions.

Practise sessions are great to see how the car runs for a few laps and to sort out your settings, but what about a race distance, so car 3 does the distance with test parts they work and in the next race 1 and 2 has them while 3 is developing the next upgrades for the next races. They could even be more specific and test parts for certain races where tracks are similar for later in the season and by doing so being ahead of the opposition.

Just my thoughts on this. Personally I would prefer to see a couple of extra teams join F1 than teams run 3 cars, only issue with that is it will no doubt take them a few years to get to the same level as others. BMW will be quiting after 3 years was it to concentrate on WTCC etc where they have a good chance of winning the championship rather than sending millions doing well one year, then not even being in the same park the next.

Dawsey