Schumi Back in F1: update August 11th, no he is not!

DFext37 Fielding

Schumi Back in F1: update August 11th, no he is not!

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Yep, on the main BBC Sport page.

Reactrion: WOW.

Only replaceing him until further notice, but still wayhey. He cannot drive the 09 spec car due to testing restrictions., but i think he will test an 08 model with slicks and different aero settings.
Last edited by DFext37 Fielding on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

jon b

Re: Schumi Back in F1

Post by jon b » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Oh my god , this could be incredible!!!!!

Lets be straight about this, he wants this cause he wants to try and show the young pups a thing or two. Bet Lewis can't wait. Bring it on!
Last edited by jon b on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve

Post by Steve » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Tickets for Monza for me - can't wait for Lewis to wipe the floor with Herr Schumacher in front of his adoring Italian fans.

Probably give Kimi a gee up too.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:20 pm

well that is a point with Kimi, with Massa (maybe not confrimed) not being able to race again, it was rumoured that it was Massa and Alfonso for next year, but maybe Raikko for next year then?

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:27 pm

Kubica is being talked about with ferraris sponsors for next year - Alonso seemed more obvious - maybe drop Kimi and have 2 new drivers.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Shame, and there is me with a three day pit grandstand ticket, 4th row, for Singapore!

Yum, Yum

A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

John H

Post by John H » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:04 pm

wicked...can't wait for Frank Bruno/Lennox Lewis 2 too. I love comebacks......I was thinking of making one meself as a non-alcoholic good shag with a penis that works. Anyone else up for revisiting your youth?
What would you like to have back that you don't have anymore?

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Raiko to Renault? World Rally?

Steve

Post by Steve » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 pm

[quote="John H"]
wicked...can't wait for Frank Bruno/Lennox Lewis 2 too. I love comebacks......I was thinking of making one meself as a non-alcoholic good shag with a penis that works. Anyone else up for revisiting your youth?
What would you like to have back that you don't have anymore?
[/quote]

I'd like to combine my youthful lack of fear, with my older confidence and wisdom.

And I'd like my hair to stop growing in the wrong places, and get back to where it should be.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:16 am

[quote="Steve"]
can't wait for Lewis to wipe the floor with Herr Schumacher in front of his adoring Italian fans.[/quote]

You mean like Vettel did to Lewis at Silverstone?

Schumacher sent this message to Hamilton:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JuS5AwR5Xg&feature=related

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 am

[quote="dp35"]
[/quote]
Umm.. well as we all know, the car has to be somewhat driveable!!

I am stoked to have Schumi back. Whilest I never was a fan of his, coming out of retirement for the last 7 races shows his competitive desire. He may have some cobwebs, but come race 2 or 3, we will be fighting for wins, car willing of course.

Just to have Lewis, Kimi, Schumi, Vettel, Button and Alonso fighting on track is a F1 fans dream. I am salivating at the prospects of the racing! F1 just got interesting times 10!!

Schumi also gets KERS too, watch his starts at every GP!!

fiesty

Steve

Post by Steve » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:18 am

[quote="dp35"]
[quote="Steve"]
can't wait for Lewis to wipe the floor with Herr Schumacher in front of his adoring Italian fans.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really, no. The Ferrari and McLaren are currently far more even on pace than the Red Bull was to the McLaren at Silverstone.

My fear is that Schumacher has actually only committed to Valencia, and given he's not raced there, nor in the current Ferrari with slicks, he may disappoint himself and call time.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:25 am

I think Shuey starting the race with kers may make 1st corners entertaining....he wont hold back - no reason whatsoever to do so !!
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:50 am

Irrespective of whether you like him or not, or how he actually does on track, this is a great marketing stunt for F1. 
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 am

is great news

always thought ralf was underrated !   ;D

justin
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS