Post by apollyon25 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Yeah but did you see this clause?

5. Driver Break-in Period

;D

John H

Re: Driving the GTR voids your warranty

Post by John H » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:16 pm

[quote="Driver"]
The gtr is going to need a couple of nice long straights if its to keep up with cars like a Atom.
[/quote]
we have two of them to take on at Bedford on April 27th according to the attendees list...........................wicked!
I find with ultra high performance cars like lambos and ferrari's etc, they are usually owned and driven by fat, old blokes with either no bollox, no faith in their track day insurance or who are just shite drivers, except in straight lines.
I for one think Bedford will be ideally suited to a GTR as it has some long fast bits, but I bet you 50 quid I can stay with or pass them on the rest of the track, i.e. where you use steering, brakes and the like.
I'll try to get my camera working so I can film it

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:48 pm

You better then actually beat them then John, otherwise you'll look like a ...

Cock

On film

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:54 pm

Good luck. Even with your fat bastard behind the wheel,the GTR's will be stinkin FAST! Better hope for a warm sunny day as well.They don't slow down for rain. :o

John H

Post by John H » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:12 pm

[quote="apollyon25"]
You better then actually beat them then John, otherwise you'll look like a ...

Cock

On film
[/quote]
I do anyway............plus I could always edit it to make it look like I did beat em eh?

John H

Post by John H » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:14 pm

[quote="Curator"]
Good luck. Even with your fat bastard behind the wheel,the GTR's will be stinkin FAST! Better hope for a warm sunny day as well.They don't slow down for rain. :o
[/quote]
I don't slow down for rain either..............I just don't go in the first place.
Anyone who dumps 75k on a motor that your missus could drive deserves a damn good slaughtering from a 62 kilo psychopath

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:17 pm

I am not partial to rain either,but sometimes you get stuck in it.  Do not underestimate the GTR's. They are incredibly fast technically sophisticated automobiles. I still would not buy one even at 1/2 price. Where is the fun in having your car do all the driving?

John H

Post by John H » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:50 pm

[quote="Curator"]
I am not partial to rain either,but sometimes you get stuck in it.  Do not underestimate the GTR's. They are incredibly fast technically sophisticated automobiles. I still would not buy one even at 1/2 price. Where is the fun in having your car do all the driving?
[/quote]
I don't underestimate the car at all,but the majority of really good drivers are in Crates/Atoms and other driver controlled cars. No doubt a GTR is lightning quick, but I betcha any Atom will outbrake it and be able to fend it off until the next long straight.............even then, I say a 300 with a decent driver kicks its arse on most tracks where you don't go above say 140mph ish.........after that you are in GTR territory...........well for 3 or 4 laps anyway til the brakes go on fire, then we sail right past again.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:10 pm

I would certainly like to see it.. ;)  I will have my chance,as our club has two of them.  However,their drivers are very well seasoned. Might take me a while,but I will be trying my best. :tu:  it is a lot of fun.
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John H

Post by John H » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:58 am

[quote="Curator"]
I would certainly like to see it.. ;)   I will have my chance,as our club has two of them.  However,their drivers are very well seasoned. Might take me a while,but I will be trying my best. :tu:   it is a lot of fun.
[/quote]
sure beats not having any competition. I can't see how they can do many laps unless they have carbon brakes though

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:58 am

Their brakes are HUGE! Plus the abs system uses them to their max without excessive application. If the club was full of slow competition,I would still be looking for a home. ;D

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Wed May 13, 2009 6:03 am

[quote="Curator"]
I still would not buy one even at 1/2 price. Where is the fun in having your car do all the driving?
[/quote]
If this is the case, I guess you would also pass an opportunity to drive the newest Formula 1 cars, because they also have the same kind of paddle shift transmissions with no clutch pedal.
Personally, I would like to try a GTR.
I can say that I have driven a car that can hit 60 in 3.4 seconds(my Atom), however I have never driven a car that can hit 193 mph.
How many 4 seat cars are there that can perform as well and hit 60 in 3.4 seconds? Not many.
cheers

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Wed May 13, 2009 9:10 am

Just spotted this again, and saw the posts above about the bedford track day.  I have to say that the GTR was pretty quick on the circuit, particularly in the morning when it was wet.  It looked great too. 

Not my cup of tea, but awesome nonetheless. 

wasp

Post by wasp » Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 am

[quote="Mr.Toad"]
Just spotted this again, and saw the posts above about the bedford track day.  I have to say that the GTR was pretty quick on the circuit, particularly in the morning when it was wet.  It looked great too. 

Not my cup of tea, but awesome nonetheless. 
[/quote]

+1
He looked like he was having a lot of fun but he was definately having trouble keeping the brakes cool :o
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Wed May 13, 2009 1:12 pm

someone mentioned that it was one of the journos from Evo who owned and drove the car.  I guess that goes some way to explaining why he looked like a reasonably competent driver.