No use on any track
No use on a dyno
Disconnect the engine computer and it voids your warranty
mandatory inspections every 1000 miles or it voids your warranty
turning off the VDC voids your warranty

AtomMadStew

Re: Driving the GTR voids your warranty

Post by AtomMadStew » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:50 pm

pathetic! Suppose testing it round the nurburgring was a good idea then. should have just tested  it round the M25.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:57 pm

I was "playing" with a pair of GTR's this weekend. They are holy shithole FAST bone stock,on stock rubber.When they went by on a straight,I would not lift,as it really did not make any difference :o

Pretty much the only view I got of them all weekend..Image

Not an attractive car by my standards,and I would not own one at 1/2 the price,but I do respect their performance!! :tu:
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:20 pm

918 KWL? Hmm.. guess his warranty is voided now. Really, what use is selling a car that has such restrictive warranty issues and maintenance costs that rival a Ferrari F40? Unless you have money to throw away... I can see it now, 10 years from now pick one up for 10K... Imagine what maintenance/parts costs will be like when they're out of warranty!

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Fast the GTR undoubtably is , but will it FEEL as fast or as exciting as the atom- very much doubt it.

and therefore require driving  WELL into licence losing territory before any thrills are gained.

Ref the SIDC link below:

http://forums.sidc.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=129325&hl=NISSAN GTR&st=60

drj

Post by drj » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Last week's Autocar suggests that an overhaul of the ceramic brakes on a Nissan GT-R Spec V costs £33,750...

drj

Post by drj » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:20 pm

[quote="bolus"]
http://njection.com/blogs/exclusive/arc ... -gt-r.aspx

mandatory inspections every 1000 miles or it voids your warranty

[/quote]
Wrong - you've misread it. The statement is:

"These inspections are required at the following intervals: 1,000 miles, 12 months, 24 months and 36 months."

i.e. the running in service is at 1,000 with yearly inspections thereafter

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:27 pm

The ride in the GTR is couch comfortable,and can masks a lot of driver error with all the electronic control systems..   Very....controlled. Like someone was doing the driving from the grandstands.

Great. Let's ride in a full scale remote control car. ;D

Impressive? Yup. For me? Nope, not my cup of tea. I know there will always be faster cars than the Atom,but better?  Never! ;)
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:32 pm

You know dude, the Atom is faster around a track than the GTR.  So you may be doing something wrong if they were passing you  ;)

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:38 pm

I did not have the Atom this weekend (long story..) ,but last fall,on crappy R-1's in cold weather,for my first outing on track with the Atom,the one GTR on track was faster by 3 seconds. The guy is also an incredible driver with many years of track experience to his credit.

We shall see the 24th/25th at Watkins Glen as I plan on bringing the Atom there.

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:41 pm

just giving you a hard time.  A stock Nissan Sentra would beat me around a track

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:09 pm

"just giving you a hard time"

Yea,I know. But..I do believe I can turn faster laps with the Atom. Those cars are 4k lbs. and still only ride on 4 tires,so once I become more track savy with the Atom, I  feel things will change. I don't expect to be faster than any car in existence,but a 4k lb one should not be a problem.

They are not very exciting visually,but they are a nicely done performance package,IF you need all that beef. :o 

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:20 pm

The gtr is going to need a couple of nice long straights if its to keep up with cars like a Atom.

jon b

Post by jon b » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:47 pm

Would like a GTR as a co car if maint and dep are reasonable

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:43 am

The GTR does just fine even on third/fourth gear tracks. It is not just about top end runs..  I have personally seen one (two)bone stock, in full action mode, being driven by very capable people. Top of the class every time. 

I am lucky my club has two GTR's among clubmembers, along with a lot of other  wonderful cars. 

One guy even has an Atom...or two   ;)

Turn 3. Make or break you time here... :angel: