Ken Block bonus footage

DarthChicken

Re: Ken Block bonus footage

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:54 am

I think I need a cigarette...

jon b

Post by jon b » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 am

Please don't tell me this bloke is a pro driver - i assume he's an amateur ?  :pop:

Lane

Post by Lane » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:58 pm

[quote="jon b"]
Please don't tell me this bloke is a pro driver - i assume he's an amateur ?   :pop:
[/quote]

Why do you say that?  I think it's some damn impressive car control.

BTW - this video is a follow-up to the original found here (in case someone hasn't seen it).
Image 300hp Ecotec Atom that is driven.  Visit my website.

jon b

Post by jon b » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Just think he is making too many mistakes. The WRC drivers would show him how it's done, never mind some of those pro drift guys. What do you find so impressive, his teeth or ego?

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:13 pm

jon, please post the video of you doing your flawless drifts around a segway please.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Would an ego-maniac post videos of himself making mistakes?

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:27 pm

Here's a video of Mr. Block beating a pro rally driver during one of the x-games.  Perhaps you've heard of the driver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PndYVslTHXI

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:00 am

[quote="jon b"]
Just think he is making too many mistakes. The WRC drivers would show him how it's done, never mind some of those pro drift guys. What do you find so impressive, his teeth or ego?
[/quote]

I watch this knowing how difficult it is to achieve that level of oneness of man and machine.

I do not watch it with a scorecard in front of me like the Russian judge during the compulsories.
Image 300hp Ecotec Atom that is driven.  Visit my website.

jon b

Post by jon b » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:36 am

[quote="bolus"]
jon, please post the video of you doing your flawless drifts around a segway please.
[/quote]

They weren't flawless - he went into him didn't he

jon b

Post by jon b » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:37 am

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Here's a video of Mr. Block beating a pro rally driver during one of the x-games.  Perhaps you've heard of the driver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PndYVslTHXI
[/quote]

Nice bit of driving by both drivers.  McRae was well known for crashing  ;D.  My comments were about the original video posted

jon b

Post by jon b » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:45 am

[quote="Lane"]
[quote="jon b"]
[/quote]

I watch this knowing how difficult it is to achieve that level of oneness of man and machine.

I do not watch it with a scorecard in front of me like the Russian judge during the compulsories.
[/quote]

My point is that this is a glossed up video with what i should assume is a highly paid, sponsored "pro" driver showing what "skills" he has.  I do not see the footage as very impressive and feel that there are a lot of amateur drivers out there who could do better given the same space, time and such a specifically set up piece of machinery.  I would not say this guy is as talented as his video wishes to convey but, as is reflected here, some other people thinks he is

jon b

Post by jon b » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:50 am

[quote="dp35"]
Would an ego-maniac post videos of himself making mistakes?
[/quote]

Very true, I got the impression that it was to convey his tallent - I was wrong, he makes a lot of mistakes so is not that tallented  ;D

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:25 pm

The original video was put out to show how good he is.. this is the blooper reel. 

positron

Post by positron » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:14 am

Here's some close quarter drifting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwB1IKblKMo&feature=related

May have to check this car out for some serious track time..