F1 - Aussie GP Thread - CONTAINS SPOILERS

DFext37 Fielding

Re: F1 - Aussie GP Thread - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:59 pm

Bloody peeeed off Trulli got DQ, so Ham Sandwich is 3rd, damage limitation or what?

Alec

Post by Alec » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:44 pm

[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
Bloody peeeed off Trulli got DQ, so Ham Sandwich is 3rd, damage limitation or what?
[/quote]

Passing under the safety car must have been why the commentary originally said that Hamilton was in third position when it came out but then it changed to Trulli by the time they came around again.

Pity as Toyota could have had 4th and 5th after starting in the pit lane.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:53 pm

BMW dorector Mario Thiessen? (sorry for spelling) thinks that Vetel was the reason that Kubica didn't win, yeah right, just another racing incident.

[/quote]

Two points

i) it is very polite that you apologised for bad spelling so well done
ii) You have Mario and Thiessen as near as damn correct it but have spelt doctor in a way that would ashame my two year old niece

Ben

Nick Wright

Post by Nick Wright » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Bet she knows the difference between doctor and director as well.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:45 pm

See the whole thing again (with decent commentary for those that didn't get BBC coverage and can wangle iPlayer in their country) at http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... rand_Prix/
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:29 pm

I am not too sure about Jonathan Legard, too radio style commentary, i hate to say this, but i would just about rather listen to James Allen!

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Oh god no !!! The new BBC team is great in comparison - and they will get better as they settle in too.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

ross

Post by ross » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:41 pm

I thought Jake Humphries was excellent (anyone here think he looks like a young Steve Rider?), and Coulthard was pretty good - wasn't keen on Eddie Jordan though, maybe he'll get better as the season goes on, but he just seemed too nervous (can't blame him I guess).

I thought the BBC's CGI opening sequence on race morning (did they play the full thing any other time) was very cool.

I found it kind of odd (but nice) not having the adverts - I kept expecting to be able to jump up and get a quick brew in!

Cheers, Ross.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:44 pm

I am not too sure about Jonathan Legard, too radio style commentary, i hate to say this, but i would just about rather listen to James Allen!
[/quote]

That's OK, it's just Dex trying to be 'funny'.

He's probably listening to Maurice Hamilton on the website anyway...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:15 pm

The BBC coverage is outstanding, especially next to Speed which is horrible beyond words! Don't much care for Jordan though, he's a bit of a tosser frankly and seemed to be picking fights with DC and Branson. Nice ot have the old theme tune back too  :)

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:17 pm

SPEED TV uses to be good with Derek Daly, no seriously i find Jon lagard a little bland.

I like Ant Davidson he is basically a younger commentary style of Martin Brundle. Coulthard and Jordon 8/10 Fantastic, but Eddie slightly spoils it. that Force India Business person who commentated on second practice sounded good too.

LEE is seriously annoying, argh, go back to Sky.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 pm

I like they have a driver and an ex team owner/manager - much more rounded experience.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

dp35

Post by dp35 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:38 pm

IMO Vettel was raped by the officials, penalizing him 10 grid positions at the next race.  They also fined him $50,000 for driving on three wheels.

I don't understand how they can say the Kubica/Vettel incident was 100% either driver's fault.  I thought it was 75% Kubica's fault, and 25% Vettel's.  Neither driver was completely innocent or guilty.  But since the situation was self penalizing for both drivers, why does the FIA need to get involved? 

ross

Post by ross » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Yeah, I though Anthony Davidson was pretty good too.  Wasn't too sure about Holly Samos as she didn't seem entirely up to speed on the technical stuff - who cares though she sounds and looks good.

Cheers, Ross.

ross

Post by ross » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:41 pm

[quote="dp35"]
IMO Vettel was raped by the officials, penalizing him 10 grid positions at the next race.  They also fined him $50,000 for driving on three wheels.

I don't understand how they can say the Kubica/Vettel incident was 100% either driver's fault.  I thought it was 75% Kubica's fault, and 25% Vettel's.  Neither driver was completely innocent or guilty.  But since the situation was self penalizing for both drivers, why does the FIA need to get involved? 
[/quote]

Agreed.  They were racing which is what they're supposed to be doing!  Seemed harsh on Vettel but I guess there's so much at stake that the FIA want to be seen to take action rather than have to react to the reaction if they do nothing.