Dakar Rally big picture series

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:21 am

Attachments
23_17550569.jpg
23_17550569.jpg (126.21 KiB) Viewed 397 times

NathanE

Re: Dakar Rally big picture series

Post by NathanE » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:54 am

Isn't it amazing that with all that composite, the rules still require a steel roll cage.  You would have thought that they would have got round to incorporating composite crash structures a la F1 (sorry for the copyright infringement!) by now. 

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 pm

I'd think with composites not all are created equal, and it'd be much more difficult to tell if it's put/laminated together "right". With a roll cage I'd posit they are easier to inspect.

John H

Post by John H » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:43 pm

what are all those things in there.................looks like the ticket machine my bus conductor carries. Do u need an oyster card to get on it?????????????

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Dual redundant GPS's, timers, radios, PCM's, etc... ? I thought somewhere I read that most of the Dakkar/SCORE vehicles have 2 of everything. Flip a switch if a primary unit packs in and get back to racing to the next pit stop.

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:27 am

[quote="Driver"]
. . . . I thought somewhere I read that most of the Dakkar/SCORE vehicles have 2 of everything. Flip a switch if a primary unit packs in and get back to racing to the next pit stop.
[/quote]

Twin engines Image awesome.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)