Another cute female racer

dp35

Another cute female racer

Post by dp35 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:08 pm

Natasha Gatchnang will be driving in next year's new F2 series. So as with all decent looking female racing drivers these days, they introduced her with a bunch of "glam" photos, as well as some of the car. The photos do a pretty good job of making her look cute.

That's all pretty normal. But what I found new and exciting is that they made it perfectly clear what's being marketed in this case, by putting the word on the car's side pod.

Brilliant!

CalScot

Re: Another cute female racer

Post by CalScot » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:30 pm

I would not throw her out of bed on a wet Saturday night, that's for sure  :o Of course that does not say too much for her .

Wonder how long that sponsor will get away with that? Pretty cheeky and well done.

Well spotted DP35! Will your wife appreciate your sharp observation skills?  :laugh:

dp35

Post by dp35 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:40 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
Well spotted DP35! Will your wife appreciate your sharp observation skills?  :laugh:[/quote]

I'd defend it by pointing out that I was obviously more focused on the car's p*ssy than the real thing...

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:19 pm

Wonder where would be the best place to pick up some of that particular sponsors product? :)

dp35

Post by dp35 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Looking at a larger version of the car photo reveals that the smaller words below the P word are "natural energy".  Makes sense.

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Ahh. Personally I prefer mine to not be bottled.
Attachments
pussy-logo.gif
pussy-logo.gif (7.39 KiB) Viewed 875 times

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:38 pm

I think Ferrari are missing a similar marketing  opportunity to put "cock"
on Massas car.

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:03 pm

New meaning to the "p*ssy wagon" lyric from Greased Lightning.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:09 pm

[quote="Caroline"]
on Massas car.
[/quote]
Hilarious, I love it!  :D

fiesty

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:10 pm

so its an MTV  energy drink?  soooo laaaame   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) x infinity

dp35

Post by dp35 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:14 pm

[quote="Caroline"]
on Massas car.
[/quote]

So you're a Massa fan now?  Cause the word pussy on a nice looking girl's car is nothing but a positive thing to us guys.

[quote="bolus"]
so its an MTV  energy drink?  soooo laaaame   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) x infinity
[/quote]

If you're calling MTV lame x infinity, I totally agree.  But this is a pretty brilliant marketing scheme.  After all, they got us talking about it. 

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:26 pm

[quote="dp35"]
[quote="Caroline"]
on Massas car.
[/quote]

So you're a Massa fan now?  Cause the word pussy on a nice looking girl's car is nothing but a positive thing to us guys.

[quote="bolus"]
[/quote]

If you're calling MTV lame x infinity, I totally agree.  But this is a pretty brilliant marketing scheme.  After all, they got us talking about it. 
[/quote]

I am only 32 and think I am too old for MTV, suspect I am not the oldest round here so has it really been a success ?

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:27 pm

brilliant?  Heeeeeelllll no.  who wants to drink something named pussy?  Should I market some mayonnaise called zebra cum?  How about Visine Acid eye drops?  That marketing department should be shot into space

dp35

Post by dp35 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:33 pm

[quote="bolus"]
brilliant?  Heeeeeelllll no.  who wants to drink something named pussy?  Should I market some mayonnaise called zebra cum?  How about Visine Acid eye drops?  That marketing department should be shot into space[/quote]

The 1st goal of marketing is to get people talking about/aware of their product.  Mission accomplished.  Now if you tell anyone else about it, that's even better.  Love it or hate it (no one on here said they wanted to drink it), the MTV marketing staff has won round 1. 

silver

Post by silver » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:33 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="dp35"]
[quote="Caroline"]
on Massas car.
[/quote]

[quote="bolus"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am only 32 and think I am too old for MTV, suspect I am not the oldest round here so has it really been a success ?
[/quote]

I'm 30 and became too old for MTV after the first season of Real World....season 1 classic, but after the success of that show, MTV realized playing videos didn't get as many viewers as reality tv shows, thus MTV got lame.