F1 2009: Pre - Season.

dp35

Re: F1 2009: Pre - Season.

Post by dp35 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:52 pm

The first 2-3 laps were better than usual.  Did anyone notice how much passing was going on at that point?  The cameras didn't know which battle to focus on!

Anyone care to predict the WDC?  Button seems the obvious choice thus far, but its a long season and he will likely have his share of bad luck.  It wouldn't surprise me if Vettel strings together a few wins in a row and starts to dominate.  If that happens he could catch Button.  Can't see anyone else joining those two in the fight. 

Is Vettel equal to or (dare I suggest) better than Hamilton?  We already knew that he's excellent in the wet, now he seems to have become equally great at qualifying, and his dry race pace ain't bad either. 

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:09 pm

IMO Vettel is much much better than Ham Sandwich, he beat him 5 times last year in 'sub standard' machinery.

Defo better in the wet.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:23 pm

[quote="dp35"]
The first 2-3 laps were better than usual.  Did anyone notice how much passing was going on at that point?  The cameras didn't know which battle to focus on!

Anyone care to predict the WDC?  Button seems the obvious choice thus far, but its a long season and he will likely have his share of bad luck.  It wouldn't surprise me if Vettel strings together a few wins in a row and starts to dominate.  If that happens he could catch Button.  Can't see anyone else joining those two in the fight. 

Is Vettel equal to or (dare I suggest) better than Hamilton?  We already knew that he's excellent in the wet, now he seems to have become equally great at qualifying, and his dry race pace ain't bad either. 
[/quote]

Fantastic opening laps, so much going on.  I think that Buttons early wins will make him uncatchable in the championship, I can see several other teams vying for wins going forwards and splitting the points available, the Red Bull can only get faster when its double deck diffuser arrives, Renualt can't be written off nor can McLaren (who surely win the prize for fastest improving car)  If Rosberg can turn his practice session pace into race pace Williams could also be well placed although with limited testing they are severely hampered by Nakajima (sp?)

As for Hamilton 'vs Vettel I am not so sure, assuming Kovalinen is not completely sh*t then Hamilton's performance in what seems to be a dog of a car is very very impressive.

Ben

jon b

Post by jon b » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:25 pm

That certainly was a bizarre race, I think you needed a math degree to keep a track as to WTF was going on - there was so much - like a game of chess.. I can't remember a race where there were so many cars vying fir the same piece of track for the first few laps. Brilliant

Button, vettal and Hamilton were superb, actually in those conditions all were pretty amazing. Surprised toyota didn't do better - Trulli looked f*ucked :)

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:58 pm

Barrichello was p*ssed with Nelson, his hand was out of the car gesturing more then driving lol.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:58 pm

3 race ban for Mclaren.

Ouch - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:00 pm

[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
3 race ban for Mclaren.

[/quote]

3 race SUSPENDED ban for McLaren, not so bad

Ben

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:04 pm

oh sorry for miss guiding people, just wanted to get to the snooker section quickly.

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:07 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
3 race ban for Mclaren.

[/quote]

3 race SUSPENDED ban for McLaren, not so bad

Ben
[/quote]

They must have gone in to the hearing with Ferrari jackets on then.  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:41 pm

Clearly the FIA and the WMC got what they wanted, which was Dennis gone from the team.

I am really shocked at a suspended penalty, whats the point of that?

fiesty

wasp

Post by wasp » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:28 am

[quote="fiestycolumbian"]
I am really shocked at a suspended penalty, whats the point of that?

fiesty

[/quote]

To keep Ferrari happy?
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sat May 09, 2009 1:26 pm

best f1 qualy i have seen for a while

Alec

Post by Alec » Sun May 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Well it was another boring Monaco "train" around my least favorite track and with Jonathan Legard droning on I nearly fell asleep.

Monte Carlo may have all the glitz and glamour to promote F1 but it's hardly a race track, in my opinion, with all the action taking place in the qualifying and off the start line.  :td:
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun May 24, 2009 4:58 pm

glad the Cricket and relegation games were on afterwards.