Which other interesting cars have you owned / do you own

Driver

Re: Which other interesting cars have you owned / do you own

Post by Driver » Sat May 09, 2009 2:26 am

Probably somewhere in their design they've a AWD in the works or it shares parts with one or the front shares hubs with the rear.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat May 09, 2009 2:58 am

I agree. Looks like they're sharing hubs with a different model or sharing hubs front and rear. A little strange.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat May 09, 2009 3:00 am

New photo of my Z06

[img width=800 height=533]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... Vette2.jpg[/img]

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sat May 09, 2009 7:50 am

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
I took the car to a Boy Scout Soap Box Derby at request of scoutmaster. [/quote]

I remember competing in the Soap Box Derby!  Of course, my car always came in 3rd place in every heat and I have the yellow ribbons somewhere to prove it.  (3rd place is the worst you can do, by the way.)  Kind of like the way I drive my Atom!  For those of you who were at Reno-Fernley, "Granny" was the apt description offered by one observer.

Randy, that was cool of you to take that car to their big event.  Those kids must have been buzzing!
Last edited by Wmcmanus on Sat May 09, 2009 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

dingo

Post by dingo » Sat May 09, 2009 1:56 pm

A.  Threaded dampers on the coil overs.  (front and rear BTW)
Adjustable spring preload and fairly easy spring change possibilities. 

I'm ON IT.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat May 09, 2009 3:11 pm

[quote="Wmcmanus"]
[quote="1965Cobra427"]
I took the car to a Boy Scout Soap Box Derby at request of scoutmaster. [/quote]

Randy, that was cool of you to take that car to their big event.  Those kids must have been buzzing!
[/quote]

Actually the hit of the Derby was the red framed Atom. I allowed the boys (and girls, and mothers and fathers) to take turns sitting in it for photos. They could only look at the Stohr. I wore myself out helping the little ones over the frame without scuffing it. Some of those little buggars are heavy!

[img width=800 height=532]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... C_4548.jpg[/img]

This was the scene before the event started -

[img width=800 height=286]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... xPano3.jpg[/img]
Last edited by 1965Cobra427 on Sat May 09, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sat May 09, 2009 5:09 pm

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
Some of those little buggars are heavy![/quote]

Ho!  You don't have to tell Santa that!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun May 10, 2009 10:21 pm

[quote="dingo"]
Well done Ken yes, it is the design and moreover that hole has splines as if it to accept a drive shaft.  That surprised me.

Also, yes bolts, but that's not too odd.
Something else. 

Apart from the sixteen wires snaking around that send signals re yaw, abs, slip angle and TPMS (to name a few params)
[/quote]

Like my Atom which has front drive hubs !