F1 - 2007 season - includes spoilers

DFext37 Fielding

Re: F1 - 2007 season - includes spoilers

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:44 pm

[quote="Atom120"]
[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
woah, calm down, it is only F1, not exactly the most important thing in the world...    :doh:
[/quote]

No its not - its just annoying when you pay no attention at all to what you post. In fact, your last post about Rosberg is another good example - Rosberg had no podiums in 2006 - so why say it? In the same way that Wurz didn't do better than him in 2007 - so why say it?
[/quote]

I forgot to mention that i was comparing experience, and comparing Rosberg to Kubica, in Kubies first few racs he got a podium, and scored a couple of points...

I agree Rosberg was pretty quick, but i can't see him doing well in his 3rd season in what essentially is a mid-table F1 car...

Whereas Kuby and Nick wil be pushing a little nearer the front i feel...

jon b

Post by jon b » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:56 pm

Dext - just admit it fella, you just have to be controversial.  Are you like that at school?

Sometimes, it is good to express some opinions that have a degree of substance  :-\  try it sometimes, it may......just, give you a little bit of credibility

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:12 am

Back to F1, I am on the verge of hanging myself because I just failed to remember the name of Damon Hill's 1997 team mate at our pub quiz. Could recall, chassis, engine, team principal, main sponsor (and industry of said sponsor) but not his team mate.  Dext, without Google help....

Ben

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:06 am

Pedro Diniz number 2 driver...

Tom Walkinshaw (TWR Racing, that year Tom had sucess in the BTCC with Volvo and Rydell), Danka was a main Sponsor...

Wasn't it a Yamaha or Hart Chasis?

i remember from the PS1 game i still play today (i will beat you at it Ben you can have your triumph at Sega Rally) Murray Walker saying 'in 17th place Pedroooooo Diniiizzz'

weird on the game the Arrows are crap all year but in Hungary they always do well, anyway back to F1 real...
Attachments
diniz 97 b.jpg
diniz 97 b.jpg (45.15 KiB) Viewed 592 times

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:31 am

Driver rumours

Following incidents at the 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix, and as a result of the McLaren-Ferrari spying row, Fernando Alonso is rumoured to return to Renault F1 in 2008 due to a falling out with McLaren.

Following the retirement of Alexander Wurz, Kazuki Nakajima, current test driver and GP2 racer has been linked to the vacant seat at Williams. Nelson Piquet Jr is also widely rumoured to join, on a loan deal from Renault.

Initial reports in the German press stated that Ralf Schumacher could be a candidate to replace Fernando Alonso at McLaren next year, although these rumours were dismissed by Norbert Haug in the Bild.

It is rumoured that Italian driver Luca Filippi will be a test driver for Ferrari in 2008.

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton has suggested three drivers to take Alonso's vacant space in the team; Nico Rosberg, Heikki Kovalainen and Adrian Sutil.

Ha, i told you Sutil was a good driver...

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:01 am

Most memorable headline:

"Diniz in the oven"

What was the incident, Dex?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

jon b

Post by jon b » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:06 am

Whoever McLaren take - how are they going to get around both drivers wanting to be No 1?

I suppose in the early reaces it doesn't matter  (see Ferrari 2007) but in the later races if both still matched they may have to enforce different race strategies.  I'm sure RD will just want an easy life in 2008 ;D

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:58 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Most memorable headline:

"Diniz in the oven"

[/quote]

Was recounting just that headline to my quiz teammates after the answer was revealed !

Ben

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:58 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Most memorable headline:

"Diniz in the oven"

[/quote]

Easy, at the 4th corner on the Argentine course in 1996, he spun on his own oil, and the car burst into flames...

Attachments
diniz arg 96.jpg
diniz arg 96.jpg (36.47 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Last edited by DFext37 Fielding on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:56 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Most memorable headline:

"Diniz in the oven"

[/quote]

Easy, at the 4th corner on the Argentine course in 1996, he spun on his own oil, and the car burst into flames...

[/quote]

And 'Diniz in the Oven' was the headline in the Sun newspaper that accompanied the picture. (But I had to look that up because I hadn't seen it as very few people in Liverpool read the Sun following it's coverage of the 1989 Hillsborough football stadium disaster)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:06 pm

Actually on the Radio (LBC 97.3 FM / DAB) they have Bill Buckley on weekdays from 1 til 5 am, and at 3 til 4am on Tuesday and Thursday, he does a quiz, answer the question correctly that another person has set, then you get to reset the question, here is what happened to me on Tuesday morning...

q: What number was Barry Sheene associated with? - now when i heard that i knew it was 7, so i rang in and said the answer, had a chat about Sheene with Bill Buckley, and then he asked me to set a question to reset the question i answered correctly.

this is the question, that you will here at number 10 on the quiz sheet this Thursday at 3 til 4am (unless some one answers it correctly before 4am...

My q: What did the Sun's headline in 1996 'Diniz in the Oven' refer to? - answer Diniz's car cathing fire, blah blah blah...

so there you are..

there is another q that i can answer correctly about cricket, so what q should i put to the listeners when he asks me again to reset the question? I was thinking on the lines of...

my other q: What was Andrea de Cesaris's nick name? (answer Andrea de CRASHeris, as he always crashed in any grand prix weekend at least 2 times)...

Any other q's you can think of that are motor racing based...

Email me or post here - i might try and download the podcast of his show and record my bit in it seperately and stick it on youtube, hehe...

Here is De Crasheris in 1989 at work Monaco Practice
Attachments
de crasheris.jpg
de crasheris.jpg (90.24 KiB) Viewed 537 times
Last edited by DFext37 Fielding on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:33 pm

Michael Schumahcer to race three things in next month...

Ducati Desmo 2008 (MotoGP bike alongside Melandri, Stoner and possibly Davies)
Race Of Championship alongside Vettel (should have chosen Sutil over Vettel, he is way faster)
and Ferrari 2007 car with Raikkonen on November 13th and 14th 2007...

but he will not return to full time racing...

Here is one for Ben, how many other F1 drivers have raced / tested bikes since 1990?

and How many Bike racers have raced / tested F1 cars since the same time?

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:33 pm

Here is one for Ben, how many other F1 drivers have raced / tested bikes since 1990?

and How many Bike racers have raced / tested F1 cars since the same time?
[/quote]

Schumachers bike test has already happened, he was 5 secs of the lap record to the amazement of all watching.

Regarding F1 drivers testing bikes not sure

Rossi tested the Ferrari and am sure other bikers have but this is not the question for me as I know FA about bikes and bikers

Ben

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:56 pm

Max Biaggi, Ferrari end of 1998, and Midland Official test driver for Silverstone session 2006...

Mick Doohan got a drive in a 1995 Williams, and Roberto Ravaglia tested a Zakspeed shorly before the outfit went bust in 1990...

any more fore them away...

dp35

Post by dp35 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:43 pm

Max Biaggi, Ferrari end of 1998, and Midland Official test driver for Silverstone session 2006...

Mick Doohan got a drive in a 1995 Williams, and Roberto Ravaglia tested a Zakspeed shorly before the outfit went bust in 1990...

any more fore them away...
[/quote]

Tell me more about Mick Doohan's F1 drive, and tell me about Travis Pastrana's too.