F1 - 2007 season - includes spoilers

jon b

F1 - 2007 season - includes spoilers

Post by jon b » Sun May 13, 2007 8:28 am

Well, this has to be the closest start to any F1 season I can remember.  So I thought I start a new thread .....

The top 4 drivers are unbelievably close on points, there are maybe 3 or 4 teams who can develop their way to true podium potential and lets not forget the unreal talent of Hamilton.

Barcelona in a few hours - looks like Ferrari's and McLarens top drivers are on the lighter fuel loads whilst Raikonen and Hamilton are going to be pitting a few laps later.  From the reports yesterday, it looks as if it is a track where a pass is only possible in the pits - I reckon that could play into Hamiltons hands  :tu:  .... go on son!  (why the f*ck they have circuits where you can't overtake is beyond me  ::))

Interesting to see how the new chicane at the beginning of the start straight will set the cars up for a potential overtaking maneuver..... lets see  :pop: :pop: :pop:
Last edited by jon b on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alec

Re: F1 - 2007 season

Post by Alec » Sun May 13, 2007 11:45 am

[quote="jon b"]

. . . . . . . why the f*ck they have circuits where you can't overtake is beyond me  ::)

[/quote]

Because if they forced circuits to change the layout so that overtaking could take place, and dropped circuits from the calendar that didn't, then Monaco would have to go and there's no way that's going to happen.

Monaco would probably have to knock down buildings or fill in some of the harbour and I can't see them doing that so I reckon the rules are written to allow them to comply.

Saying that, however, their pit lane is nowhere near ideal at Monaco and they get away with it whereas other tracks are pulled up on the facilities they offer.

One rule for one and one rule for the rest I suppose.  :-\

Bernie Rules OK!
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

jon b

Post by jon b » Sun May 13, 2007 11:58 am

Agreed re Monaco - its a show piece for all the beautiful people

But is there really any excuse anywhere else?  Take Barcelona - not a good reputation for overtaking yet, due to Alonso, F1 has really taken off.

I was in Barcelona the F1 weekend in 1999 - it was crazy but no one, and i mean no one, seemed to be watching it on TV anywhere - we missed the whole race.

Yep Ecclestone is looking to max revenues through publicity and, very importantly, tv rights world wide - exploiting new markets.  Trouble is the older circuits need to up their games to try and aid overtaking moves

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun May 13, 2007 10:16 pm

Was a pretty good race today but not much really going on.  Good result for Hamilton, only a matter of time before the first win.

The Herman Tilke designed circuits are odd in so far as they don't offer overtaking opportunities.  What F1 really needs to liven things up is a race in London ;)

Ben

jon b

Post by jon b » Sun May 13, 2007 10:19 pm

Agreed  :tu:

Though that new circuit in spain looked interesting around the harbour

Dull race but warming up for a good title race

The Ferraris seemed bloody quick today - nice to see Coultard getting a good car under him

KK

Post by KK » Sun May 13, 2007 10:26 pm

[quote="jon b"]
... nice to see Coultard getting a good car under him ...
[/quote]
... powerd by Austrian money ;D

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon May 14, 2007 9:09 am

[quote="1st Austrian Atom 2 [Klaus]"]
[quote="jon b"]
... nice to see Coultard getting a good car under him ...
[/quote]
... powerd by Austrian money ;D
[/quote]

And British know how !

More I think about yesterday's race the more I can't understand why it was not boring to watch, yet somehow it wasn't.  Despite the lack of overtaking their always seemed to be something going on.

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon May 14, 2007 9:21 am

I watched most of it at x30 - it just whizzed by!

From past experience, this is usually the best way to watch the Spanish GP...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

jon b

Post by jon b » Mon May 14, 2007 9:48 am

What about those wing mirrors on the Ferrari  ???  - Oh Bruce won't have seen that  :pop:

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon May 14, 2007 10:00 am

No, but I did notice the moustache on the McLaren...

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Fri May 25, 2007 1:18 pm

That Istanbul Park circuit, is bl***y good...

jon b

Post by jon b » Fri May 25, 2007 3:56 pm

Yes it is... has some really fast corners.

Its Monaco this weekend.  As its just a showpiece precession I reckon Hamilton has a good chance of winning IF he can get pole

Anyone know whether he raced there in his GP2 days?

ross

Post by ross » Fri May 25, 2007 3:57 pm

Apparently Hamilton has only ever won in races at Monaco so should be interesting.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri May 25, 2007 4:13 pm

...and crashed in practice yesterday...

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri May 25, 2007 4:16 pm

Just wait for the moment when Hamilton gets it wrong! More than once and the British press will be down his throat.