Deronda

benyeats

Re: Deronda

Post by benyeats » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:37 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
I think know what the answer would be if my carriage was a Deronda.

Cock.
[/quote]

To be fair we think that when you turn up in the Atom......or the Volvo or Alvis or on foot ;)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:38 pm

Fair point... perhaps "Bruce is looking a bigger cock than even he normally manages to look" would be more apposite.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

chris trapp

Post by chris trapp » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:08 pm

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Nice review Chris.  Jay is a cool guy.  If you get a chance, tell him to come to Atomfest this year

Rob McPherson

Post by Rob McPherson » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 pm

[quote="chris trapp"]
hey guys check this video out
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/vid ... id=1031321

[/quote]

Love the quality of engineering. Congratulations on your involvement in the car.

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Chris, welcome to the forum.  Sorry, I had been ignoring these threads from early on until now.  Yes, some on this forum can be harsh, but, in general they are not as harsh as some other forums I have been on.

I love the concept that you have put forth!  A monument to torque, how can you not like that!

I do have a question, as probably the most space challenged Atom owner, does the Deronda fit very large people?

silver

Post by silver » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 pm

I do love the integrated turn signals into the wheel, if it's self canceling too that's awesome

chris trapp

Post by chris trapp » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:36 pm

yes Norm
i built one for a guy that is 6'4" 230 lbs and there was still room

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:52 pm

[quote="chris trapp"]
yes Norm
i built one for a guy that is 6'4" 230 lbs and there was still room
[/quote]

Actually, think bigger, ... I have a business venture with a former Seattle Seahawk lineman and we call each other "Tiny"

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:57 pm

As much as I would like to warm up to the Derondo...I hate the look of  the car. Enzo is flipping in his grave: Ferrari nose? Um...no.  The back end is ultra- ugly. The sides are...ugly bulges of stuff. The nose is hideous! Even the interior just says yucko to me.  I do love the engine/transaxle...but a car is so much more than what powers it.  Why can't Leno adjust the brake bias? $100k?  I wish you all the best of luck.

Maybe call it the swan?

I just realized what the car reminded me of.... I did love that show!    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/sting ... IDURVENT03
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:11 pm

What do you mean he can't adjust the brakes....it has a brake bias adjuster same as the atom....what did you mean by that.....me confused

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Jay Leno says "Porsh", not "Por-sha".  I guess he's entitled without losing car-guy-cred.  :)

This was apparently the factory demonstrator:
http://www.nextautos.com/tonight-show%E ... nda-type-g
Another Leno perk - call up virtually any specialty car shop and say, "hey, mind if I try out your product."

One downside of the body design (other than subjective opinion of aesthetics) is the obscuring of the suspension.  Maybe I'm wrong, but the cutout "windows" over the shocks seem more for the benefit of passers-by than for the driver.  A big attraction of the minimalist Atom philosophy for me is the promise of observing both the left and right front suspension in action.

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:01 pm

If any car derserves the shark teeth it is this one
Attachments
car1b[1].jpg
car1b[1].jpg (48.67 KiB) Viewed 523 times

silver

Post by silver » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 pm

[quote="bolus"]
If any car derserves the shark teeth it is this one
[/quote]

aren't those Bruce's head rest pads....or wait...was it someone else in the UK that made pads identical to those round biscuit looking things.

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:18 pm

[quote="silver"]
aren't those Bruce's head rest pads....
[/quote]

Look at Bruce's Avatar photo.  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)