Deronda

NathanE

Re: Deronda Type G400

Post by NathanE » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:12 pm

[quote="bolus"]
what ever you guys think of the outside I doubt you can say anything bad about this pic :)
[/quote]

I never liked yellow springs.  They are so 80s.  

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:15 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
With less fussy bodywork, I dare say it would look a lot nicer. 
[/quote]

I seem to remember from the photos that I have seen with less bodywork that the parallel design of the horizontal frame members makes it look pretty nasty without.  I think that it's better with  :o

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Come on guys.  I know it may not be something that you love, but we dont get visits from the people who make cars like this much.  wouldn't it be better to use this opportunity to learn something about engineering from a designer rather than just rip on his car?  Perhaps they have figured out solutions for some of the problems that Atom's have and we can learn something.  The deronda is running a lot more power and the car has to withstand a lot more forces than the Atom.  There is something to learn from that since the Atom 500 still hasn't even shown up. 

You guys seem to really have no clue how many people you drive away from this forum.  I recently got several messages from people who dont post here anymore because of this attitude everyone has to bash everything. 

/rant

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:57 pm

[quote="bolus"]
Come on guys.  I know it may not be something that you love, but we dont get visits from the people who make cars like this much.  wouldn't it be better to use this opportunity to learn something about engineering from a designer rather than just rip on his car?  Perhaps they have figured out solutions for some of the problems that Atom's have and we can learn something.  The deronda is running a lot more power and the car has to withstand a lot more forces than the Atom.  There is something to learn from that since the Atom 500 still hasn't even shown up. 

You guys seem to really have no clue how many people you drive away from this forum.   I recently got several messages from people who dont post here anymore because of this attitude everyone has to bash everything. 

/rant
[/quote]

So we should say that stuff is good when it clearly isn't, we are not all like Gordon Brown in Blighty ! 

The above is a general comment not aimed at the Deronda my thoughts on which follow:

Like the view from the front although could be made a bit less fussy, don't like the rear view much at all.  Would like to see one in the metal as the more of this kind of car there is the better as far as I am concerned, in fact the more of any kind of car there is the better.

Ben

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:28 pm

Well...hmmm....since we were not given anything more than a view of the car,I was passing judgement from that.

It has lots of power,yes. Can it use all that power? How is the weight bias? What kind of braking system does it have? Where might one find out more imformation about its performance and other such details?

Still don't like the pointy nose, bulky firewall,bulging sides and tail end.  It looks too...arcade designed. I sure hope it performs well.

The first time I ever saw an Atom my soul said...YES! ;)  ...and that was before I knew anything else about the car.

Sure,ugly works, but you only go around once in life,might as well have pretty, if you can. ;D

chris trapp

Post by chris trapp » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:30 pm

well dont worry about running me away, i'm here because i love the engineering and build of all the differnet cars,like i said ,everyone has an opinion

go to
www.derondausa.com
Last edited by chris trapp on Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Driver

Re: Deronda

Post by Driver » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:43 pm

We've seen the Deronda show up on several threads. All 3 threads Merged here now. Although it may not be pleasing to everyone, with that LS powered V8 under the hood it'll definitely get peoples attention. If it'll take that powerplant it'll easily be possible to get 700hp+ versions on the road. And if the handling is there it'll definitely be a contender to cars like the 500.

Now I'd like to see:

Half as many tailights,
the exhausts exit up higher to break up that huge mesh grille,
the nose not so pointy,
tires that look like they'll actually work rather than being inflexible bricks due to such low profile posers.
optional "speedster" version of the windshield

Regardless, it definitely is a tool designed to do some damage on track and driving down highways and back roads. With the screen/wipers it'll pass DMV scrutiny more easily than the Atom currently is in some States.
Last edited by Driver on Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:46 pm

I agree with Bolus, we as a forum are pretty harsh on "outsiders".

That being said, I'd be interested to see how the Deronda performs before making a decision on it.  From a styling point of view, though, I can guarantee you that I could design a body for the Deronda that would make it look MUCH better.  It's really an awkward looking car.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:00 pm

I'd like to see some cornering and braking stats.  Top speed, 0-100 times, things like that.  0-60 under 4 seconds is fast, but not as fast as the atom... traction limited?

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:45 pm

[quote="benyeats"]

So we should say that stuff is good when it clearly isn't, we are not all like Gordon Brown in Blighty ! 

[/quote]

no, I Just pointing out the lack of civility this forum has most of the time.  If some friends come over the house you say "welcome" rather than "boy your kid is sure ugly as sh1t' otherwise your friends dont come over anymore. 

Chris, I'd love to hear about how you are handling traction control with that much power. 

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:16 pm

The kid is damn ugly... :P.......not quite as ugly as a sack of monkeys assholes..but close...

However, with that GM sourced alu V8 engine,I'd like to know more as well  ;D 

What are you using for a transaxle?How about brakes? The rear wing does not look to be adjustable and there is no front wing.

With the speeds the car could obtain,I would think this important.

Bolus,on the website,they talk about optional traction control and launch control. Must have a lot of Corvette tech in it.(a good thing in my book...)

Edit...transaxle used is a Porsche G50.  Got to dig a bit for imfo....
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:40 pm

a forum-wide search on the world 'deronda' brings up a varity of topics - all however with one common theme!

Barf!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Gage

Post by Gage » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:39 pm

The Deronada is an amazing piece of engineering.   

And Bolus makes a good point:
[quote="bolus"]
You guys seem to really have no clue how many people you drive away from this forum.  I recently got several messages from people who dont post here anymore because of this attitude everyone has to bash everything. 
/rant
[/quote]

Agreed, and also observed.

With that said, Bruce also took the words out of my mouth: 

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
a forum-wide search on the world 'deronda' brings up a varity of topics - all however with one common theme!

Barf!
[/quote]

I may not like how it looks, but I have great respect for the engineering and performance potential that are built into it.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:05 pm

I really makes me wonder.   ??? ???

If a group of car guys get together, design, and then build a car like the Deronda, how is it that they miss a key ingredient of the total package?

IT HAS TO LOOK GOOD. IT HAS TO. Spend a little time asking others how the car looks, outside of the group that only care about actual performance. ;D

It can't look good just to YOU and a select few.  If you are going to sell a $100K car to others, it has to have PIZZAZ! WOW! HOLY CRAP!

There are just too many other choices out there today to choose from, that aren't so....quirky.

It really needs some....cosmetic work.

Looks sell. It's the way the world is today.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:33 pm

[quote="ftw  (for the win)"]
Looks sell. It's the way the world is today.
[/quote]

Today?

T'was ever thus, I think.

How many of you have actually seen this car in the flesh. I know of three people on this forum who have (including me) and yes, it's a nice bit of engineering, but so what? It has to look good too. Most people are first attracted to Atoms (and Astons and Ferraris, and the new Ford Fiesta) by looks alone. Then the head takes over.

The key question in my book is often 'what would my friends think if I showed up in one of those?'

I think know what the answer would be if my carriage was a Deronda.

Cock.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London