KTM Crossbow (X-Bow)

M3ichael

KTM Crossbow (X-Bow)

Post by M3ichael » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 pm

Not to bad.  What you guys think?  I'd buy one.
Story link: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/k ... 17592.html
Last edited by M3ichael on Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

markymark113

Re: KTM X-Bow

Post by markymark113 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 pm

Smart!!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:56 pm

This has been featured on the atom competitior thread...

I like it, but it's vapour.

I'll wait to see whether I fit or not.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:25 pm

$50,000 with a carbon fiber chassis?  I'll believe that when I see it.

The biggest difference between the Atom and all these other drawings and concepts, is that Ariel has already produced hundreds of Atoms.  Its hard to compare that to a piece of paper.

M3ichael

Post by M3ichael » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:37 pm

[quote="dp35"]
$50,000 with a carbon fiber chassis?  I'll believe that when I see it.

The biggest difference between the Atom and all these other drawings and concepts, is that Ariel has already produced hundreds of Atoms.  Its hard to compare that to a piece of paper.
[/quote]

I agree it sounds too good to be true for 50K with a CF Chassis.  I was interested on your guyâ??s experienced opinions and thoughts with the aero of the car compared to the atom.  There has much discussion of body panels, etc.  I really like the look of it, but then again itâ??s just a look.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:44 pm

Looks awkward to me, like a pile of knives.

KK

Post by KK » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:29 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
I like it, but it's vapour.
[/quote]
It has just been confirmed on today's Austrian TV News (ZIB 2) that the car will be built. They said it will have an Audi engine with 220 bhp and it will weigh around 700 kg. Production will be in Italy. Nothing about price was mentioned. I guess it's probably a bit more than vapour.

It made today's News because it is the first real Austrian car - if you leave out Porsche and Volkswagen (original Beetle) which are now attributed to Germany despite their Austrian origins.
Last edited by KK on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:47 pm

I love it!!! :tu:

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:51 pm

Yeah but who is going to repair all that Carbon Fiber when you wreck it at the track? Even the smallest off could be HUGE $$...

KK

Post by KK » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:30 pm

There's a link to the short story featured on today's Austrian News (ZIB 2): http://your.orf.at/zib2ondemand/player. ... 2006-12-12

The story (obviously in German - sorry for that) starts at the 23:19 minute's mark and (only) lasts for around 20 seconds. There's more to follow in the Late Night News (ZIB 3) at midnight - unfortunately that program's not available on-line AFAIK.

The story claims that the pictures have been released from KTM (the Austrian bike manufacturer). I therefore guess looks should be pretty close to the real thing. No mentioning about CF though.

KK

Post by KK » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:43 pm

Forgot to mention that the car's name is being pronounced Crossbow. Might nevertheless easily be spelled X-Bow though - no idea.
Last edited by KK on Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:47 pm

[quote="Driver"]
Yeah but who is going to repair all that Carbon Fiber when you wreck it at the track? Even the smallest off could be HUGE $$...
[/quote]If it does make it to the production line, I think carbon fibre woud be an option rather than std ;)

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:57 pm

[quote="g8kam"]
[quote="Driver"]
[/quote]If it does make it to the production line, I think carbon fibre woud be an option rather than std ;)
[/quote]

If it will weigh 700kg, I'd bet that it uses cf like the Atom does, for body panels and cosmetic items, and not for the frame.

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:15 pm

I love it..truely... just would rather have more hp...alot more...just because.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:00 am

I think it looks like the most 'worthy' Atom rival yet, although the side view looks a mess in the picutres but could look very different in the metal (sic)

Ben