Good Cop or Bad Cop???? Meets silly 458 Driver!!!

wattie

Good Cop or Bad Cop???? Meets silly 458 Driver!!!

Post by wattie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 am

Suspect they'll both regret this incident!

Ferrari 458 Spider Runs Over Cop

Cheers Wattie

meladdo

Re: Good Cop or Bad Cop???? Meets silly 458 Driver!!!

Post by meladdo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:03 am

I think there is nothing wrong with his foot......However its not a good idea to try and run a NY cop over with your car.

The video does not look good for the cops though imho - but its 6 of one and half a doz of the other........Just an indication of how angst ridden this world we've messed up is starting to become.

PaulP

Post by PaulP » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:57 pm

That's a world lacking in communication.

Why when the driver appears doesn't the cop speak to him? Why doesn't the driver ask the cop if the ticket he's writing is for him? Why when a cop motions for you to stop would you continue driving?

Is the guy with the Ferrari arrogant because of the car he drives; is the cop jealous of the car?

Oh, there's a complete psychological debrief here.

Sir Nick

Post by Sir Nick » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Two twats with egos is all I see
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

Anx

Post by Anx » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Once the cop is writing the ticket, you're pretty much done for... Obviously he parked illegally or something similar and the way the driver handled things was like a douche.  The problem with exotics, especially cars like this, is that you tend to find two kinds of people - one is someone who's totally cool, works hard and has a passion for cars; the other has rich parents and a wicked sense of entitlement and leave everyone with a bad taste in their mouth.

In general, I don't think people are really jealous of exotics - I think they definitely wish they could have one, but really just want to be treated with respect and enjoy seeing that you're enjoying the car.  Drive around with your sunglasses on and ignoring the people ogling your car and you look like a dick - smile and acknowledge them, chat with them when you're stopped someplace and they think you're cool.  Certain cars have just a generally bad rep based on how most owners tend to treat people... I can't tell you how many times people would say to me "You're not like a normal Ferrari owner" - which is probably one of the reasons I don't have one now.  ;)  Never got that kind of reaction with the Atom - but then again, the Atom is more for people who enjoy cars than enjoy the status that it might convey.

My experience with police has always been positive, as long as you realize that they have to deal with the worst in the world, and you're honest and respectful of them, then they're generally pretty cool.  They're always the rare one that is having a bad day or is on some sort of power trip, but I think that's few and far between.  The cop in this video is certainly taking things to the extreme, but in his defense, you don't know what that stupid MF in the car is going to do - you don't even know if it's his car or if he stole it, so I think he's more answering in kind to how he is being treated.