Bac Mono road tested!

Rob Evans

Re: Bac Mono road tested!

Post by Rob Evans » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:14 pm

[quote="Hedge"]
[quote="Ross"]
Will certainly fit a lot easier in my garage, may even be able to keep the two motorbikes....
[/quote]I literally cannot stop thinking about this car. I've got it bad ;D
Cheers,
Hedge
[/quote]

Hedge, if you end up getting one, can you take me out for a passenger ride? Oh, wait....

;)
Rob.
From Atom 2 245 to Atom 4 350, via Atom 3 300 and Atom 3.5 310

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:51 pm

You can still pony ride  :H:

wattie

Post by wattie » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Anyone stuck down a deposit on one of these yet?

Seems the only downside is the one seat.

May seem silly.......here's a little thought..... ??? Let's say 2/3 persons with some excess wealth knocking around were interested....and they all lived fairy close to each other...and knew each other.....a little car purchase/share agreement could surely be worked out.....that would give you access to one helluva car for reasonable money.

And when you all get bored and flog it...surely residuals will hold up given the reviews it's getting.
As for this ...will they be around in 10 years time stuff....who cares.....makes it more collectable i would have thought.....and in this day and age....I don't think you can be sure anyone will be around in future.....but I do know that the cars around.....and some people are interested now!!!!!

Cheers Wattie
Last edited by wattie on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 pm

[quote="wattie"]
Anyone stuck down a deposit on one of these yet?

Seems the only downside is the one seat.

May seem silly.......here's a little thought..... ??? Let's say 2/3 persons with some excess wealth knocking around were interested....and they all lived fairy close to each other...and knew each other.....a little car purchase/share agreement could surely be worked out.....that would give you access to one helluva car for reasonable money.

And when you all get bored and flog it...surely residuals will hold up given the reviews it's getting.
As for this ...will they be around in 10 years time stuff....who cares.....makes it more collectable i would have thought.....and in this day and age....I don't think you can be sure anyone will be around in future.....but I do know that the cars around.....and some people are interested now!!!!!

Cheers Wattie
[/quote]
The single seat is the big negative, but paradoxically also the best thing since it provides the formula car type handling.
They have orders past 2013. Thirty five for this year and over 100 for 2012. I'm sure they will do fine with this type of launch as long as they "keep the heid!
The parts are really all easy to keep up if they did go under. The Duratec engine is current racing kit, as is the Hewland FTR and flat shift gear shifter kit. As is the GEMS UCU and steering wheel display module, OZ wheels, AP Brakes. Basically the majority of the parts are all available from thier respective makers/dealers. If you individually price out a Coswoth Tuned Duratec, The FTR box and shifter kit, Sachs shocks and all the other parts, it's a pretty good deal as this stuffs expensive. I think it's a great deal myself. A Van Diemen F2000 car, identical to one I own, was imported over here for last years F2000 racing. By the time it got imported, assembled, and had a data system installed, it cost almost $90K. This Mono is far superior in technology, has lights, Carbon Body, and all the bells & whistles for not that much more.

ross

Post by ross » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm visiting them again on Monday morning to take another look....

Billy Og

Post by Billy Og » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:36 pm

[quote="Ross"]
[/quote]

Oh no.  Not another will I / won't I played out on the forum is it Ross. 

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:21 pm

[quote="Ross"]
[/quote]
Can you take a measurement and some pictures of the fuel intake side of the engine, near the serpetine belt (front end) of the engine, just under the cylinder head level, to see if I can fit a 7" dia Rotrex charger on the belt line without the charger hitting the body panel. My plan is to take the torque level up to the 240ft lbs max level of the gearbox ;)

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm holding out for the Bac Duo........who am I kidding?

ross

Post by ross » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 pm

[quote="Paul"]
[quote="Ross"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

More than likely although there won't be the 2 year wait in the queue with this one.

wattie

Post by wattie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 pm

[quote="Paul"]
[quote="Ross"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Bit harsh, last time I thought about buying a car there was no obligation to do so! Don't think any of us have bought every car we've test driven either......what's the issue? If you don't wanna read about it, don't click on the topic!
Personally, I enjoy reading what others have to say about the drives they have....cos I sadly don't have the opportunityImage
Cheers Wattie

wattie

Post by wattie » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:52 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
[quote="Ross"]
[/quote]
Can you take a measurement and some pictures of the fuel intake side of the engine, near the serpetine belt (front end) of the engine, just under the cylinder head level, to see if I can fit a 7" dia Rotrex charger on the belt line without the charger hitting the body panel. My plan is to take the torque level up to the 240ft lbs max level of the gearbox ;)
[/quote]Bugger, just beat me to the same question........I was thinking about 250ft lbs and installing a modified gearbox ;)
Cheers Wattie

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:54 am

A 2 year waiting list? Oh. Think that parks the idea for me then. Dull. And they never replied to my email which I felt was a tad rude.
Cheers,
Hedge

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:20 am

Ross said there won't be a 2 year waiting list Hedge....think he was comparing with the McLaren.

Lack of reply to an email seems poor.....

Cheers Wattie

ross

Post by ross » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:23 am

Yeah, not good for you not to get a reply to an email, but I guess they are insanely busy at the moment.  I'll mention it when I'm there.

And yep, I was comparing it to the McLaren waiting time, if I did go through with the McLaren it would have been the best part of 3 years between saying I want one and actually getting one.  In that time, there's been a lot of other distractions and I've really had too much time to ponder on it.

With the Mono, I think too short a list would be bad sign, and too long would be frustrating.  6 - 9 months would be about manageable at this point for me, but I'll have to see what they say.

I do wonder how many people there are though that will actually jump on the opportunity to spend £90k on such an extreme toy.

ross

Post by ross » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:00 am

[quote="CalScot"]
[quote="Ross"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Lol, well I can try I guess!  I think it's probably fairly tightly packed under there though.