Aventador

WorkingOnIt

Aventador

Post by WorkingOnIt » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Lamborghini Aventador official debut in Geneva
http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/cars/othe ... -1.1034092

The MP4-12C need not worry about being upstaged styling-wise.
Why did it take so long for someone to do this?  "Our car is so wild the start button needs a missle launch fail-safe cover"
Although with Toyota giving start/stop buttons a bad name, anything non-standard might be a bad idea.
Image Image

benyeats

Re: Aventador

Post by benyeats » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm

[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
Why did it take so long for someone to do this?  "Our car is so wild the start button needs a missle launch fail-safe cover"
[/quote]

I have often looked at covered toggle switches for Atom use but been held back by lethargy!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:39 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
[/quote]

I have often looked at covered toggle switches for Atom use but been held back by lethargy!
[/quote]

I have some somewhere you can have. They didn't work. They need to be a bit further away from a twirling steering wheel... I found that I would accidentally catch the cover and mess with the power switch.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Rob McPherson

Post by Rob McPherson » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It may surprise you greatly Ben, to learn that I have covered-toggle-switched the ignition on my Atom (changed the switch underneath as well). Looks good, and no troubles catching it when wheel twirling so far. Got a couple of spare switches and covers I can send you if you're interested. I know you love the bling...  8)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 pm

[quote="Rob McPherson"]
...no troubles catching it when wheel twirling so far...
[/quote]

Do you have a spacer on your steering wheel, Rob? I kept on catching mine and accidentally switching off the ignition. So I changed it back.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Rob McPherson

Post by Rob McPherson » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 pm

No spacer, but it's a removable wheel. Not sure if that adds any offset?

The switch cover iitself is fairly close fitting, so doesn't protrude much.

Crap picture attached, which doesn't show it at a decent angle, but it's the only one i've got to hand. Gives you some idea.
Attachments
switchy.jpg

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:54 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
I have some somewhere you can have. They didn't work.
[/quote]

Started out as a kind offer !

Actually I have a tube round the power switch so it can't be caught during wheel twirling so need to see how this is attached to the dash.  If removing the tube will leave a bit gluey mark on the CF then I won't be removing it.  I will have a look at the weekend.

Ben

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:18 pm

[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
Lamborghini Aventador official debut in Geneva
http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/cars/othe ... -1.1034092

The MP4-12C need not worry about being upstaged styling-wise.
[/quote]

Holy Cow that looks like a Lean Mean Car Crushing Machine!

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:48 pm

+1  :tu:    Agreed Dext looks awesome. im guessing the 700 attatched to the name suggests a power output in the range of 700 horsepower?

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:16 pm

[quote="Stew Bartley"]
im guessing the 700 attatched to the name suggests a power output in the range of 700 horsepower?
[/quote]

Or the amount of Balls that you have to have to completely Max it on Das Autobahn!

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Gets great first drive reviews too.....top gear,car etc June 2011......only  criticism I've seen is that it's ridiculously wide and doesn't ride as well off track as the mp4c (that styling IMO is everything you'd want in a super car....outrageous,interesting from every angle.... but gorgeous. MP4c just looks, conservative.....and ordinary in comparison)
Cheers Wattie