2011 F1 Season

fiestycolumbian

2011 F1 Season

Post by fiestycolumbian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Testing started today, as well as unveiling of new cars. Exciting times!!

KERS and movable rear wings should make this season very racy!

Here is a video of rear wing at work, very cool:

Hard to make predictions, but wouldnt mind a McLaren out in front  ;D

fiesty

(I am going to love calling the F150 Ferrari a slow pickup truck, ala the Ford F150, America's best selling auto. Cant believe Ferrari dropped that in my lap, lols)

Bruce Fielding

Re: 2011 F1 Season

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:07 am

If you were Brands Hatch, how much backing would you be giving the Bahrainian revolutionaries right now?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:39 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
If you were Brands Hatch, how much backing would you be giving the Bahrainian revolutionaries right now?
[/quote]

Not a penny.  If I were Magny Cours or Paul Ricard (hmm who owns the latter) then I would be shovelling cash in envelopes as we speak......

wisp

Post by wisp » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Full Onboard Camera Lap of Bathurst (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Panorama_Circuit) with Jenson Button!

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:51 am

Very entertaining Malaysian GP! Lots of passing and great racing! Short life tires, KERS, and DRS is proving to be a great combo.

fiesty

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:43 pm

[quote="fiestycolumbian"]
Very entertaining Malaysian GP! Lots of passing and great racing! Short life tires, KERS, and DRS is proving to be a great combo.

fiesty
[/quote]

Very encouraging to see McLaren are catching Red Bull at a rate of knots.  Remember they have effectively only had that configuration of car since the last race and not at all in testing and probably made up 0.5s or so since Australia.  I think the title is going to be closer than it looks at the moment.

Ben

wisp

Post by wisp » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:53 am

[quote="benyeats"]
Very encouraging to see McLaren are catching Red Bull at a rate of knots. 

[/quote]

Not for long. Red Bull have been doing some secret testing.  :laugh: http://www.redbull.co.nz/cs/Satellite/e ... 2990815775

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:45 am

Bahrain back on calender for Oct.30.

India pushed back to Dec. 11th. Puts a dampener on my Abu Dhabi/Delhi double header  :( >:(  :doh:

fiesty

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Bahrain back on calender for Oct.30.

India pushed back to Dec. 11th. Puts a dampener on my Abu Dhabi/Delhi double header  :( >:(  :doh:

fiesty
[/quote]

The more I think about it the more annoyed I am at the FIA / FOM.  Glad I didn't book any flights.

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 am

Arrange the words 'Brewery, organise, pissup, couldn't, in' and two 'a's, in a suitable order and you have a perfect description of the FIA.

Bahrain back off:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13694628.stm
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:00 am

I hear that the teams claimed 'logistical reassons' for their not wishing to partake.

Sometimes politics goes too far. Why can't the teams grab the situation by the balls and admit the (hopefully) real reason...?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

wasp

Post by wasp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:25 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
I hear that the teams claimed 'logistical reassons' for their not wishing to partake.

Sometimes politics goes too far. Why can't the teams grab the situation by the balls and admit the (hopefully) real reason...?
[/quote]

We all know the answer to this and it's not warm and fuzzy feelings towards their staff.

I think it was Frank Williams who said many years ago, "The only sport element left in F1 is between 2 and 4 on a Sunday afternoon."

It's a shame really because F1 is brilliant this year and doesn't need to pander to the financial pressure from the Middle East.

Of course, the 108 circuit staff who have been arrested by the Government for protesting (BBC figures) may need replacing too....

Cheers,

Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

fiestycolumbian

2011 Canadian GP (spoilers)

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:46 pm

What a race! I cant believe Button came from dead last to first that fast. McLaren definitely have great race pace! Lets hope the stewards allow the victory to stand, considering the incidents with Alonso/Hamilton.

Great racing all through the field! :)

fiesty

sparkystav

Re: 2011 Canadian GP (spoilers)

Post by sparkystav » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:56 pm

What a race! I cant believe Button came from dead last to first that fast. McLaren definitely have great race pace! Lets hope the stewards allow the victory to stand, considering the incidents with Alonso/Hamilton.

Great racing all through the field! :)

fiesty
[/quote]

brilliant finish!

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:36 am

Absolutely superb. Cant understand how Button had such amazing pace at the end.....but what a win !!! Last on lap 40......then he wins !
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....