F1 2010 Finale: Abu Dhabi (Spoilers Alert!!!)

Hedge

Re: F1 2010 Finale: Abu Dhabi (Spoilers Alert!!!)

Post by Hedge » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:37 am

[quote="Trigger"]
I went to Abu Dhabi last year with a full on hospitality ticket provided by my sister who runs the event for Ferrari down there. I thought it was an appalling place to watch a GP and wouldnt recommend it. Each grandstand is isolated so you cannot really walk anywhere. I was at the hairpin and thought there would be plenty of action - but absolutely nothing !! The races there are processional and dull imho. I like Abu Dhabi itself though.
[/quote]

Full on hospitality and you sat at the furthest point from the pits possible? Mmmm, odd.

Take your point about the grandstands though. Did you not think the organization was excellent however?

And as for it being a processional race circuit it hardly has an exclusive there does it. Hungary to name just one... :-)

Cheers,
Hedge

Trigger

Re: F1 2010 Finale: Abu Dhabi (Spoilers Alert!!!)

Post by Trigger » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:54 am

Hospitality - I got to visit the pits with my sister after the race which was fun - but I had a choice on which stand I was in and chose a bit of track that had the most track in view - you see the cars loads and got loads of pics.....but just one behind the other !! Start / Finish would have been better I agree. But I went on the inaugural GP and so it was still being sorted - it needed a brush up ! Sounds like they were better this year.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....