Lotus Elite

Hedge

Lotus Elite

Post by Hedge » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:50 am

atomathics

Re: Lotus Elite

Post by atomathics » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 am

Breathtaking?  Have you been trying to lift it?  It weighs 3600 lb.!!

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:42 am

Like that too....there's some really nice designs coming out of the UK just now with this and the Morgan.

Cheers Wattie

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:53 am

Kind of looks like a Toyota Supra combined with a Shelby GR1...

ross

Post by ross » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:08 am

Not bad but the side view looks a bit like a Toyota Celica to me...

I hope they design the interior better than the Evora's where they appear to have let the factory cleaner's do that one night before they signed the car off.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:09 am

I really like it - looks superb. If (and it is a big if) the price stays as advised then it will be some £60-70k cheaper than the McLaren and Fezza 458 so I wouldnt expect it to be quite as light/technically advanced. It is also being shown as a GT not a balls out racer like the 458 etc.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

Dave W

Post by Dave W » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Owned one of the hearse style Original Elites when I was a teenager so great to see the name being used again :)

curt

Post by curt » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:12 pm

I like the look of all of the newly previewed Lotus designs.  Just have to wait to see what the real world performance numbers and prices will be.

I'm also hoping Audi will build the new Audi Quattro concept.  Might be an interesting daily driver, particularly if they price it under an M3.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:52 am

Think Proton has lost it a bit with this round.  The cars are all way, WAY too heavy.  2400# for an Elise?  Crack smoking, that is...

It's obvious that Proton wants to play big and do it with the big boys, but they're dumping a core Lotus concept.  I always liked the relative purity of Lotus but now it looks like they're going to pump it dry of all goodness and run it into the ground.  They were different by being light, now they're just on the way to being another wannabe supercar builder.

jon b

Post by jon b » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:06 am

[quote="Hedge"]
http://www.pistonheads.com/lotus/defaul ... ryId=22500

Breathtaking.

Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]

yes it may be compared to a Multipla. Looks like another variation of the Aston Martin to me

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:52 am

In isolation I quite liked the Elite but now I have seen they have released abt 5 cars that all look the same whether it is Esprit, Elite etc etc I am not sure abt it so much. There is unique to each model.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:50 am

[quote="Big Ape"]
yes it may be compared to a Multipla. Looks like another variation of the Aston Martin to me
[/quote]

How very rude.
Cheers, Hedge