2010 Formula Renault 2.0

fiestycolumbian

2010 Formula Renault 2.0

Post by fiestycolumbian » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:00 am

What do you guys think of the new Renault Formula 2.0?

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/2010-fo ... ult-2-0/#2

I think the car looks fantastic. Simple, updated safety, increased technology.

I dont know if Renault allows such cars to be exported outside of European championships. Anyone in Europe have any ideas?

fiesty

CalScot

Re: 2010 Formula Renault 2.0

Post by CalScot » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:29 pm

There was a series for F Renault here a few years ago. It died out in 05 or 06. There were about 25 of the cars imported into the US by a local guy in Corona CA. Most are probably here someplace in CA in garages. I almost bought one last year. They are really nice. Full carbon tubs and breakaway corners. Soo much safer and better than anything else here for the price. You have to step up to a star mazda to get anything close regarding construction and engineering. A star mazda cost's a fortune to run a season. (Think $200K range) The F renault would have cost about the same or less to run than my F2000. Big problem is you have nobody to race with anymore except for attending track days or go up against the Atlantics with the SCCA group.

That's pretty typical of the way racing is here. Too many classes of cars and organizers with the largest body being SCCA which strangles new developments by the arcane and rigid rules.

The idea of racing here seems to be to go round a big oval track  :doh: :pop:

atomathics

Re: 2010 Formula Renault 2.0

Post by atomathics » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 pm

[quote="fiestycolumbian"]
What do you guys think of the new Renault Formula 2.0?

I think the car looks fantastic. Simple, updated safety, increased technology.

[/quote]

Very nice.  Love the flowing lines around the air intake, it's very clean.  Any idea how much one of these goes for?