My new s2000

hondahamster

My new s2000

Post by hondahamster » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:17 am

oK... after over a month of letting the cat out of the bag..  here is my 2003 s2k. Hope you guys like it as much as me!!  :drool:  My Family and Fiesty got it for my 18th b-day.
I think of it as my atom. Because Fiesty doesnt want to give me his. So this is the next best thing.
It has 240hp..which is 5 less than DP35 and 200hp less than Calscot..I guess I cant chase them around the track. ;) Probably because of the overweight issue I think :laugh:
This one is the last year of the 9krpm from 2.0 liter s2k. so it shares almost the same motor from you guys. Perfect 50/50 weight distribution.
So i will stop there because this post will be over 5 pages long when I am done describing this car. :D After driving this car for over a month now. Only one word can describe this car. "Perfection". :drool: It's the last great honda ever made.
P.S. Go ahead and fill my head modifications I should do. ::)  And some one help me post bigger pictures plz.
- HondaHAMster  :pop:..(It is ironic I chose this name 3 years ago.. and now it make sense.. hhaha muuwwaahhh >:D)

Heywood-Yablowme

Re: My new s2000

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:19 am

I was very surprised when Honda dropped the S2000 from their linup. it is a great looking and performing car. Hardly an Atom,though.. ;)

dp35

Post by dp35 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:28 am

Hooray for the HONDA Hamster!  No more Prius Hamster around here.  You're right, this was the last time Honda made a really great car.  This is one of the few cars I'd own if I couldn't have an Atom.  Remember to practice your heel/toe downshifts on the street.  And don't wreck it.

positron

Post by positron » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:34 am

Huzzah! They really get around a track.. More pics and when's the first track day?  :tu:

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:22 am

Hey, Hamster -

Congrats!  If you had it a month ago, you should have brought it to AF and been "The Official Pace Car of the 2009 Atomfest Series"!

Looking forward to seeing it at C&C!

a

hondahamster

Post by hondahamster » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:51 am

MadMAX: I know i was pretty mad also when they dropped it. I love the 08 CR, but it was a lot of money. I felt the 03 with the 9k rpm motor was better, than the 2.2L
Dp: Damn straight i am the HOndahamster :D. I am getting pretty good at driving it now, and that is my next lesson. Hopefully by WCA 2 I will be better.  :tu:
Positron: I know i will try my best to get on the track soon!! :P :laugh:
Atomathics: tHANKS Chris. I wish I brought it to Atomfest, but i would have been way to slow for any of you guys. PLus it was a long drive there and back. But hopefully in a year, I will be the official Pace Car for WCA 2. :drool: Calscot and I need to really need to talk about this.. haha .. thanks for the idea
-Hamster ;D

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:49 am

I am surprised, I thought you would have gone for a rental car spec Ford Mustang V6 after being so impressed by mine earlier in the year.  I assumed you were laughing at the interior in a joyus way.

Congrats on the new motor

Ben

dp35

Post by dp35 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:08 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
I am surprised, I thought you would have gone for a rental car spec Ford Mustang V6 after being so impressed by mine earlier in the year.  [/quote]

Sounds like you're describing Richard Marler.  He LOVED the rental Mustang he had at Atomfest.

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:52 pm

[quote="dp35"]
[quote="benyeats"]
I am surprised, I thought you would have gone for a rental car spec Ford Mustang V6 after being so impressed by mine earlier in the year.  [/quote]

Sounds like you're describing Richard Marler.  He LOVED the rental Mustang he had at Atomfest.
[/quote]

Grrrrr, grumble grumble ... worst car I have ever driven, grumble grumble. Made up for by driving your car Darin.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:48 am

If you rent the V6 you have no right to grumble. You shot yourself in the foot on that one. :) Not that the V8 is much better but at least it might have a very slight chance of living up to expectations... Thinking you guys need to find a place and rent a Corvette when you hit those airports.