Where is the best place to sell a Nomad?

Any model, wanted or for sale...
Matt_Hegarty

Where is the best place to sell a Nomad?

Post by Matt_Hegarty » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:08 am

Can anyone recommend the best place to advertise a Nomad for sale?
It's was registered new in Sep 2016 and I purchased it in Nov 2018. It has extremely low mileage and is in perfect condition. The original owner covered less than 1k miles and I've not been able to use it (since I've owned the car it's been garaged). The car originally benefited from every upgrade and factory add on (bar the winch) and has nothing wrong with it, unfortunately, I've just not had the time to use it.

Also, can anyone share thoughts on the market for these cars, strong / weak etc?

Thank you for any help.

Fastlane

Re: Where is the best place to sell a Nomad?

Post by Fastlane » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:15 am

I would suggest you put an ad. on here, and on Pistonheads and as a classified ad on Ebay. The factory will also sell the car on your behalf. As I understand it from the factory, Nomads really don't depreciate and so you may want to ask them what they reckon they could get for it and make a decision to sell it through them or privately.

Sounds like a lovely spec, so good luck with the sale. :tu:
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:53 pm

The factory charge 8% commission. You might get 8% more by selling it via them, you might not. Just worth bearing in mind.

GLWTS.

Cheers,
Hedge

Antong

Post by Antong » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:04 am

Hi Matt,

The factory will sell the car for you but as well as the 8% they will put it through their workshops to service/remedy anything they feel is needed. They charge the list price or as near as dammit and I suspect many buyers will like that certainty of a factory prepared car. I have bought both my Nomads through this forum and sold one through here.
My feeling is if the servicing etc is up to date offer it up here, start with close to the original price and then negotiate to within 5%?

A few have used collecting cars, some sold very well (excited market place) but interestingly subsequently prices achieved have been a bit softer (CC commission is 6% to the buyer). Have a look on their site for final sales figures?
Nothing stickier than a tree

Pmac13

Post by Pmac13 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:02 pm

Hi Matt - I am in the market for a Nomad, I have pm’d you.