15” wheels wanted

Any model, wanted or for sale...
NOTMAD

15” wheels wanted

Post by NOTMAD » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a set of 15inch wheels for my Nomad. Ideally, I’d buy new from the factory having been burnt buying second hand wheels in the past but the factory are out of stock with no delivery date for new stock.

If anyone has a set that they are considering selling then I’d be very interested.

If anyone is thinking of selling their Nomad with two sets (18 and 15) and would consider splitting then again I’d be interested. Although, selling as a set may seem the preferred route, splitting and selling the wheels separately wouldn’t devalue the car price so would potentially yield a better return.

Probably, more luck finding a pink unicorn but if you don’t ask…

Cheers

Ian

Antong

Re: 15” wheels wanted

Post by Antong » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:40 am

Ian,

I went down this route last year but ended up in a slightly different place. My original Nomad had 18"s and I wanted to try something different so I picked up some MGF wheels 16" and put my mud tires on them. From memory, the wheels cost me almost nothing £50/100.

Subsequently, I also have some 15" motorsport wheels too - the car behaves very differently with the larger tire, much more gyroscopic effect and heavy/slower to change direction. To be fair the supercharger and mud tires combination is hilarious but has cautch me out once or twice with bump steer.
Nothing stickier than a tree

NOTMAD

Re: 15” wheels wanted

Post by NOTMAD » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Hi Antong

Thanks for the reply, I saw your previous posts when you first fitted the MG wheels. I am also looking to go down that route given there are no Team Dynamics available and the MG wheels are cheap as you say.

Do you have the Alcons front and rear on your Nomad? I am looking at 15inch but note you have the 16 so wondered if they are the same and whether they go over the Alcon rears? Maybe I should look at 16s also.

I will definitely treat driving on the road with more caution but the idea is to use them off road but of course smile a lot when using them on🤪