WANTED - Front & Rear Panels

Any model, wanted or for sale...
Noel

WANTED - Front & Rear Panels

Post by Noel » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:35 am

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has some front and rear panels for my atom 3 they would like to sell?

how much are they if i purchased them from atom roughly?

whats the craziest panels you have ever seen on an atom?

Thanks Noel

Karl V

Re: WANTED - Front & Rear Panels

Post by Karl V » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:54 pm

I can't answer your question about costs I'm afraid, but give Crewkerne a call...

As for crazy designs, I'm a big fan of wrapping. Much more choice. Costs less. Not permanent.

I'm paying about £50 to change colour scheme every few months and next month will be either:

* Burberry
* Unicorn doing a rainbow poop
* Xbox or PlayStation livery

Or maybe just yellow...

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 pm

I think the panels are around £600, but you can pick them up second hand for less than half that when they come up on here.

As Karl says, wrapping is your friend. I've just had my 4 mudguards done to hide scratches and crazing, £120.
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Noel

Post by Noel » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:31 pm

cheers guys, think il wait to see if any second hand ones com up for sale then and use that set for wrapping.

has anyone tried the method of dipping? just curious to do different themed ones for like halloween and things for a bit of a laugh maybe if its not too expensive.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:32 pm

I've not tried dipping, but I'm with you on the 'seasonal daftness'.

IMG_20181113_224315197.jpg
IMG_20181113_224315197.jpg (3.32 MiB) Viewed 670 times
Bring on Winter!

Noel

Post by Noel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 am

Karl V wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:32 pm I've not tried dipping, but I'm with you on the 'seasonal daftness'.

IMG_20181113_224315197.jpg
Bring on Winter!
sweet, yeah just thought it might be good to do if it doesnt cost too much. Ill wait till some panels come up for sale and design something and get it dipped or wrapped.
Fastlane wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 pm I think the panels are around £600, but you can pick them up second hand for less than half that when they come up on here.

As Karl says, wrapping is your friend. I've just had my 4 mudguards done to hide scratches and crazing, £120.
my mudguards have grazing on them too, wasnt sure if it was safe to try and polish them out or not? not sure what the material is like to use a polisher on? when you had yours wrapped how did they do the edges near the bottom? will dirt/water get to it and start to make it peel?

smokin

Post by smokin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:02 am

If the crazing is spider web cracks in the gelcoat then I doubt they'll polish out. Had mine wrapped a few years ago and the edges are still holding good. From my experience with installing my paint protection film, you use a mix of water and isoprop alcohol to give a strong bond and trim the wrap to the edge rather than wrapping it around the edge.