Factory Supercharger kit for sale

Any model, wanted or for sale...
Toilet Duck

Factory Supercharger kit for sale

Post by Toilet Duck » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Afternoon all,

I'm just testing the water at the moment to see if there is a market for a used Factory supercharger upgrade (Jackson Racing supercharger, inlet, fuel injectors etc etc). I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my Atom 3 310 but I'm looking at an aftermarket option which would be from the ground up using a completely different set up, so in effect all the parts of my Factory fitted supercharger option would be removed and become surplus to requirements. Using "man maths," if I can get enough of a return from selling on my existing supercharger set up, I may be able to justify the expense of this option ;)

So over to you guys, would this be of any interest to a NA Atom owner wishing to go full fat supercharged? Also, anyone know what the latest Factory price is for supply/fit of a supercharger kit?

Cheers

smokin

Re: Factory Supercharger kit for sale

Post by smokin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi TD, is this the one you're considering https://www.cplracing.co.uk/products/cp ... -honda-k24 or something else?

Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:36 pm

smokin wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:33 pm Hi TD, is this the one you're considering https://www.cplracing.co.uk/products/cp ... -honda-k24 or something else?
Hi smokin,

Yes, that's the company I've approached :)

Contemplating a full chargecooled set up so would be somewhere approaching 400bhp. Just depends on man maths ;)

V6ollie1

Post by V6ollie1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:38 pm

I may be interested but depends on price ;)
Once you have an idea on how much drop me a pm.

Cheers
Ollie
:vroom:

smokin

Post by smokin » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Toilet Duck wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:36 pm ... so would be somewhere approaching 400bhp
sweeeet :drool:

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

jackson superchargers usually go for around 2-2.5k you might get a bit more due to ariel atom tax, and no doubt yours will have low miles.

Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:25 pm

V6ollie1 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:38 pm I may be interested but depends on price ;)
Once you have an idea on how much drop me a pm.

Cheers
Ollie
:vroom:
Hi Ollie,

Will let you know, just need to decide if I'm going to go down this route :vroom:

dc5ian wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm jackson superchargers usually go for around 2-2.5k you might get a bit more due to ariel atom tax, and no doubt yours will have low miles.
Hi matey, is that the charger on its own or with the manifold, fuel injectors etc? I think the best way to see what its worth is to find out what the factory charge for the supercharger option and then work from there. Mines only done 10K miles, so just run in ;)

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:37 pm

on the Honda sites that's pretty much what they go for including all the injectors. ariel charge around the 9k mark all in i think, which is a observed amount of money haha

V6ollie1

Post by V6ollie1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:45 pm

Just for reference, I spoke with ariel last year and was quoted 5.5k for a new supercharger to be retro fitted to a 245

Thanks Ollie.

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

TD,

It seems odd to replace one Roots Blower with another Roots Blower that (i assume) just has a bigger pulley?

Could you just charge cool the existing Jackson Blower and achieve the power that way? (I know we did!)

a 3.5R kit is something like £9k all in. 350BHP. (thats a fitted price)
I assume you'd be emptying at least that into it to get 400BHP - as youll need to do bottom end work to keep that power reliably.

Its £6380+VAT if you want us to fit a blower to your car. Nomad or Atom.

V6ollie1

Post by V6ollie1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:42 am

Henry, can the 3.5r kit be fitted to an atom 3?

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:46 am

V6 Ollie -

Yes it can.
1992 Landrover Defender 200TDi - Heavily Modified
1966 Landrover Series IIa - Fairly Original.
2004 Fcous ST170 You Guessed it, Heavily modified!
1977 UAZ 452 'Loaf'
On the waiting list for a Nomad... mine comes when yours is finished.

V6ollie1

Post by V6ollie1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:52 am

Cheers Henry.
I best get saving.... :vroom:

Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:14 pm

HenryJS wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am TD,

It seems odd to replace one Roots Blower with another Roots Blower that (i assume) just has a bigger pulley?

Could you just charge cool the existing Jackson Blower and achieve the power that way? (I know we did!)

a 3.5R kit is something like £9k all in. 350BHP. (thats a fitted price)
I assume you'd be emptying at least that into it to get 400BHP - as youll need to do bottom end work to keep that power reliably.

Its £6380+VAT if you want us to fit a blower to your car. Nomad or Atom.
Hi Henry, thanks for chipping in.

As I understand it the Jackson Racing supercharger, although tried and tested, is relatively old technology and inherently generates a lot of heat during normal operation, therefore its highly inadvisable to go above 300bhp without inter/chargecooling as the inlet temps are just too high.

What chargecooler do the factory use? How is the chargecooler plumbed in as the Jackson Racing supercharger and inlet manifold do not have any existing "tee off" connections to run water cooling circuits. Does the 3.5R upgrade include a new inlet manifold to get around this? If so, who is the manufacturer? Merc Racing sell a K series manifold to fit the Jackson Racing supercharger allowing connection to a chargecooler for around £675.

It would be very informative to us all if you could list what exactly you get for circa £9k. For a 310 atom this only gets an additional 40bhp, which works out at £425 per HP. A list of what parts you actually get and a breakdown of where the cost goes would be a big help to myself and no doubt many other owners, perhaps you could oblige?

For a similar amount of money and going 3rd party (CPL in this case), there is the fully fitted option option of a brand new supercharger (which will produce 350bhp out the box without additional chargecooling as it produces a lot less heat), new inlet manifold, new injectors, chargecooler and associated pump/pipework etc for additional safety and tuning potential way beyond 350bhp, and a custom dyno tuning set up (not an off the shelf reflash). Obviously all engines are slightly different so an individual tune is always best if possible. From reading up a numerous Honda sites and speaking to engine builders, as long as inlet temps are kept down and the tune is CORRECT, engine internals do not need to be upgraded for power approaching 400bhp (personally I wouldn't feel happier going any higher!!!)

Cheers :vroom:

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Aye no problem - just want to be sure youre getting the right thing for what you want :) We are always here to help!

Indeed it is older tech, as they made them for the K20A engine Civics way back when - we actually helped them develop the kit for the K20Z engine... (they listened to most of the stuff we had to say!)
You are correct about the Jackson charger making a fair bit of heat - especially when turning the boost up to 11psi with the 3.5R conversion - hence the need for the charge cooler.

I believe the cooler comes with a plate on it, that fits directly to the existing inlet manifold. Its a separate cooling system to the vehicle cooling system to maximize the performance of it.

Essentially you get:
a charge cooler,
all the plumbing including water pump, catch tank etc
charge cooler radiator,
the side pods,
mounting frames and vinyls,
a different ECU map
different pulley to get the blower spinning faster
Oil Cooler inc plumbing sandwich plate etc
Catch tank for above
fitted to your car (we like to have your car for a week to make sure its fitted correctly - its a fair bit of work to make it all fit neat and perfect!)
(all of this assumes a K20Z4 with a jackson blower to anyone else BTW!)
And a few cups of tea 8)

Listing all of the bits out would take an age!

If you do go down the CPL route - let us know how you get on (I'm sure there will be write up here!) I think it was CPL who did a Nitrous Atom for us once upon a time. Wow that was fast. And not too bad a fit and finish either :D a small amount of untidy wiring / plumbing, but nothing that couldn't be sorted with some carefully placed zipties.... But we are very very picky!

:vroom: :tu: