WTB: parts for Atom 1 (Rover) to Honda conversion

Any model, wanted or for sale...
c_a

WTB: parts for Atom 1 (Rover) to Honda conversion

Post by c_a » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello,

I am searching for all parts that I need to convert my Atom 1 (1.8 140HP Rover) to a 245HP Honda engine during next winter.

- Engine
- 6 speed Gearbox or can I keep the 5 speed and fit a LSD?
- Loom
- ECU
- exhaust system
etc.

I have a friend in the UK who can store things for me.

Kind regards,
Christian

thomas_fr

Re: WTB: parts for Atom 1 (Rover) to Honda conversion

Post by thomas_fr » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:11 am

Check on Seloc classifieds for the K20 and Gearbox + Engine loom and ECU.

Check here for the chassis harness : http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/K-Swap- ... p_608.html

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:39 am

c_a

this is not a common conversion and you will struggle to source a wiring loom - as they are very different...

My advice would be to clean up the Atom 1 - sell it, and buy an Atom 2!

c_a

Post by c_a » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:52 pm

From my side the loom is the smallest problem, I am very good in electronics, I could build my own loom.

Getting an LHD Atom 2 with legal german registration is nearly impossible and the cars are very expensive.

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:16 pm

first thing 1st you need to deiced what engine you are going to use.

the ariel atom 2s came with the honda integra type r engines (k20a)

The other alternative to this is to buy the uk ep3 engine (k20a2)

the k20a will cost more money and make a bit more power, not much difference between the 2 engines apart from the cams and intake manifold and the k20a runs wideband.

once you have decided on what engine you are going to run, you would then need to match it with a ecu.

k20a will need a honda prc or prb ecu

k20a2 will need a pra ecu.

you will then need to install hondata onto the ecu. from ariel there cars come with hondata k100. i recommend going for the hondata kpro. you can get these install into the a ecu you supply for £600 plus shipping.

or

you can keep an eye out for a 2nd hand ecu with the kpro already installed, these go for £500-£600 depending on what version you buy.

as for gearbox

k20a gearboxes come with lsd, this will cost you around the 1k mark 2nd hand and you will have no idea what condition its in. these boxes live in a integra type r so they are usually driven quite hard, common problems are 2nd gear synchros.

k20a2 gearboxes are cheap as chips. around the 250 mark, however these do not come with the lsd which you will need. a oem lsd will cost around 350-450.

i have enough gearbox parts to build you a gearbox to what ever spec you want. currently have one on ebay for sale however it wouldn't be suited to your atom as it has a plated lsd and longer ratios.

as for ecu, i have virgin pra and prc ecus, ready to have k pro installed. i also have a prc ecu which has kpro installed already. but you really need a engine first to determine which ecu you need to buy

thomas_fr

Post by thomas_fr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Early Atom 2 with 220hp (MBE ecu) were K20a or K20a2 ian ?

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:33 pm

my atom 2 is a k20a