Todays lunctime sandwich is?

A place to be silly and pass time mindlessly
apollyon25

Re: Todays lunctime sandwich is?

Post by apollyon25 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:15 am

[quote="Jammer"]
OMG , your toilet visits must leave a hell of an odor.... and color... Why is this thread here!!!
[/quote]

Because every now and then there is a hilarious post about toilet visits...

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:21 am

For the record...

5am
Hot water and lemon juice
Banana

7am
Protein shake
Porridge and fruit

10am
Hard boiled egg or protein shake/bar

12(ish) pm
Sushi and Miso soup

3pm
Protein shake/bar
Carrot sticks and cottage cheese or a handful of unroasted nuts

6pm
charcoal grilled beef eye fillet or lamb, or chicken breast, with some form of salad (usually from my garden), some vine ripened tomatoes (from my garden) and a baked sweet potato, various dressings/salsas/marinades etc

9pm
Protein shake/bar

Ah the joy.

wisp

Post by wisp » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:43 am

Obviously the condition of your liver and kidneys in years to come is not an issue.

quote------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are there any dangers of taking too much protein?

Yes. As with basically anything - too much of a good thing can be bad. If you take too much protein, say you weigh 150 pounds and take 300 grams of protein a day - your body will not be able to process all the protein into amino acids. What your body can not use will have to be excreted as a waste product. This means your kidney and liver will be doing a lot of work just to get the excess protein out of your body. While this will not cause any major problems over a short period of time - you would not want to be overworking your kidney and liver over the course of several years.
end------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eat health I say by eating fresh. Forget processed foods and don't use supplements.

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:39 am

I agree.

The trouble is I go to the gym every morning (except for Sunday) and do 45+ minutes of intense cardiovascular exercise. On top of all this I also do resistance training four times a week for about 1.5-2hrs at a time.
Up until earlier this (ooops last) year I was also doing a 3-4 hour climbing sessions 3 times a week as well.

The protein amount listed above is what my body needs in order to repair, recover and build lean muscle mass given the workload.
Throw in the occasional 5k swim or 10k run and you are pushing for a crash...

I cannot eat processed food anyway. It makes me bloat and makes my guts churn uncomfortably - so I just dont eat it.
The medical/nutrition/training fraternity are out on supplements...

But to eat the needed amount of protein I'd spend my life cooking chicken or egg whites. Supplements (and it should be said that protein and Vit.C are all I take)* are more convenient.

*Okay the very infrequent E...
Everything starts with an E...

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:38 am

Crayfish  ;D (lobster for some of you foreign folk)

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:27 pm

jusy had about 6 M&S asparagus stick, ummm, but then again clear urine...  :doh:

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 pm

Screw this... I awoke a 5:30 am and had 3 Godiva Truffles... at 6 I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a lowfat latte and a chocolate chip muffin (love that), and at 9 I had4 thick slices of American cheese and a slice of bologne... all covered with mayo (rolled it and dipped into jar actually).  At 1pm I ate a buncha peanut butter..not sure why...again from jar.  At 3:45 I had a McDonalds hamburger...and a 7 pm, just now, I had sloppy joes in a bowl.. no bun..and some zuchinni pancakes.  the night is still young though..and I leave for New Orleans for a week of seafood in the morning.

wisp

Post by wisp » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:12 am

The last  :'( of the smoked marlin given to us by the other half's sister. Weighing 123.9kg (273lb) it took 1hr 5 min to reel in on 24kg line. It's been yum.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:36 am

having my lunch now, Sour Haribo Mega-Roulette (because it makes my mouth excited) bottle of Oasis Citrus Punch (2 for 99p at some supermarkets).

and later a couple of Moretti's in the sun.

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:53 pm

[quote="apollyon25"]
I agree.

The trouble is I go to the gym every morning (except for Sunday) and do 45+ minutes of intense cardiovascular exercise. On top of all this I also do resistance training four times a week for about 1.5-2hrs at a time.
Up until earlier this (ooops last) year I was also doing a 3-4 hour climbing sessions 3 times a week as well.

The protein amount listed above is what my body needs in order to repair, recover and build lean muscle mass given the workload.
Throw in the occasional 5k swim or 10k run and you are pushing for a crash...

I cannot eat processed food anyway. It makes me bloat and makes my guts churn uncomfortably - so I just dont eat it.
The medical/nutrition/training fraternity are out on supplements...

But to eat the needed amount of protein I'd spend my life cooking chicken or egg whites. Supplements (and it should be said that protein and Vit.C are all I take)* are more convenient.

*Okay the very infrequent E...
Everything starts with an E...

[/quote]

I'm with Wisp on this and I don't buy the exercise bit.  I do 2.5 hours of cycling every day plus four weights sessions per week and don't need to eat anything processed or mess around with protien shakes in order to consume enough of anything.  I reckon that you've fallen for the marketing hype. 

Today's consumption so far - wake up coffee, boiled egg and two apples following first ride of the day, lunch of chicken breast (100g) and raw veggies(240g).  No idea what I'll have for supper, but it will probably be something nice and natural, maybe even from the garden. 

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Fitness FREAK!!!!!

Cool.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:33 pm

Glass of juice, bowl of shreddies and sugar for breakfast

Lunch at E&O - yummy!

1hr at gym (almost every day now...)

Ride motorbike for about an hour

Dinner at a Chinese restaurant.

Oh dear...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm

funny that i am going to a chinese restaurant tonight too???? see you later.

For lunch - Tomato and Basil soup, with 4 Heated Mini Pita breads filled with Tomato and basil soup with parmesan, ummm. 2 cookies and a Bitburger lager to end.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:38 pm

I am just having some cheese = Tom Jones on my stereo.

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:29 am

[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
funny that i am going to a chinese restaurant tonight too???? see you later.

For lunch - Tomato and Basil soup, with 4 Heated Mini Pita breads filled with Tomato and basil soup with parmesan, ummm. 2 cookies and a Bitburger lager to end.
[/quote]

Doesn't the soup leak out of the pitta  ???