Anyone in WA state feel like loaning me an address...

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
atombmb

Anyone in WA state feel like loaning me an address...

Post by atombmb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Hey all,

I purchased Rob Sloman's 2nd Atom in 2007.  The State of Minnesota gave me plates for a year and then last year took them away.  Huge bummer.  I still have the WA title and am wondering if it makes sense to try and register it via WA. I of course would need an address and a willing Atom enthusiast.  Anyone game?  Or have any other idea's?

WorkingOnIt

Re: Anyone in WA state feel like loaning me an address...

Post by WorkingOnIt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:58 pm

Last edited by WorkingOnIt on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atombmb

Post by atombmb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:14 pm

If I posted in the wrong section just let me know.

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Actually, I just noticed that you are a paid up club member.  I think you should have access as mentioned in Driver's sticky post at the top of this section.  I'll bow out and let a moderator post or pm you.

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:56 pm

it will get moved to the "state registration area" where only members can see it allowing for more open discussions without fear of DMV workers who watch the forum

Lane

Post by Lane » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:34 pm

[quote="atombmb"]
Hey all,

I purchased Rob Sloman's 2nd Atom in 2007.  The State of Minnesota gave me plates for a year and then last year took them away.  Huge bummer.  I still have the WA title and am wondering if it makes sense to try and register it via WA. I of course would need an address and a willing Atom enthusiast.  Anyone game?  Or have any other idea's?
[/quote]

What was the reason for them withdrawing it?  Did you look into any appeal process, or attempt to approach registration again differently?  Did you try tracking down any other MN owners? (there's a master owner thread around here somewhere with people & locations)  I'm in WI and had to go through a bunch of hoops to get the car registered.  Send me a private message if you're interested and I'll provide you with more detail.  It's creative and out-of-the-box thinking, for sure.  ;D
Image 300hp Ecotec Atom that is driven.  Visit my website.

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:37 am

Have you found this sub-forum, atombmb?

Could a moderator confirm that he should be able to see it as a paid member, even without the minimum posts?
Last edited by WorkingOnIt on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ross

Post by ross » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:00 am

Had a look - as far as I can tell it's Moderators, Club members and user groups with 50 or more posts that can access this board.

Cheers, Ross.

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:09 am

[quote="atombmb"]
Hey all,

[/quote]

Obviously you didn't manage to sell it when it was up for sale a year ago. (2005 UK Atom II 245 Honda K20a available in the US-Minnesota Plates)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 am

[quote="Lane"]
Did you try tracking down any other MN owners? (there's a master owner thread around here somewhere with people & locations)
[/quote]

Unfortunately 'atombmb' is the only one on Driver's list for Minnesota so maybe that needs to be amended if it's no longer possible.  :-\

State Registration FAQ / Info
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:25 am

[quote="Lane"]
What was the reason for them withdrawing it?  Did you look into any appeal process, or attempt to approach registration again differently? 
[/quote]

Maybe this was the reason.  ???

[quote="Doug in MN"]
Atom owners / about to be's:
I really appreciate all the valuable info I have gained from reading the Forum!!! Thanks guys (gals ???)
I have numerous questions  - - Here is another:

Have any of you attempted a windshield? I have been told I am required to have a windshield in order to legally license my Atom in Minnesota. I will be the first Atom owner in Minnesota and in fact looks like the first Atom owner in this part of the US.
[/quote]

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Yeah let me know if it needs to be pulled off the list. And folks, STOP telling people about the 50 post limit. What good is it if you blab? All we'll have is a lot of BS being posted just to jack up post counts. Just use the words "participate some more" or tell them to join please.

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Atombmb - do your recent posts on the North American board mean that you have sorted your registration issues?

atombmb

Post by atombmb » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:07 am

No unfortunately.  My issue of getting it on the road still exist.  Just prepping for a few track days this year.