Bay Are DMV recommendations

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
Caroline

Bay Are DMV recommendations

Post by Caroline » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:50 am

It's coming up to that time of year, do any bay area folks have any good recommendations on which DMV to go to to register my atom?  I need to find one that will be hot on the SB100 issue come Jan 2nd. Failure is not an option, I'm willing to travel anywhere to ensure success.

PM me if you don't want this to be semi public info.

The SF DMV is definitely not it, a visit there is like visiting San Quentin.

993rs

Re: Bay Are DMV recommendations

Post by 993rs » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:21 am

PM sent.

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:27 am

I've moved this into the private registration thread. Feel free to discuss openly.

payne

Post by payne » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:40 am

Any suggestions?  I'll be headed there this January.

JP

vijen6

Post by vijen6 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:34 pm

I would think Sacramento is a good bet ?

Since other DMV have to call Sacramento to get a number.

993rs

Post by 993rs » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:46 am

I went to the DMV in Pittsburgh, on the recommedation of DP35.  I think Atom Girl went there the year after I did.  They definitiely knew what they were doing, and all went smoothly.  To the best of my knowledge, everyone who was there (maybe 10-12 people) all got their SB100 certificates.

You definitely want to start your paperwork before you go in for your SB100 certificate.  I did not actually have my car yet, but I had received the paperwork on it, so I started my registrtion in late December.  As I recall the lady I spoke to at the DMV said that if you showed up on January 2 and wanted to get your paperwork started that day, you would not get your SB100.

I have not kept up on the SB100 situation, but as I recall the certificates in the last year or two have not been all taken on January 2.  I guess with the economy being what it is, not as many people are building toys.  You might check on some of the Cobra forums, as they had a very active discussion about SB100. 

After my car was done I had the CHP inspection done at the Martinez station, and had my BAR inection done at Las Positas College in Livermore.  Both inspections went smoothly, with no issues.  The following year Atom Girl went to the same places, and all was fine.