Soliciting Your Opinions Regarding Exhaust Sound from WCA

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
shinoo

Soliciting Your Opinions Regarding Exhaust Sound from WCA

Post by shinoo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 am

I would like to get some feedback on the sound of the various exhausts at WCA.  Which did you like best and why?  Are you guys looking for loud systems or are quieter ones acceptable?  I am definately interested in your opinions.

Heywood-Yablowme

Re: Soliciting Your Opinions Regarding Exhaust Sound from WCA

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:49 am

I was not threr,but my opinion on exhaust note is the quieter the better,without sacrificing power too much.Stealth is a good thing,although the Atom is hardly a vehicle you could drive around in and not be noticed.Even it was electric powered.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Agreed.  Even though my exhaust is louder than heck, I'd like nothing better than to scoot around unnoticed.

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:36 pm

In the UK noise at circuits is becoming a more heavily discussed issue, and limits are being more stringently enforced. 

I'd much rather guarantee that I can drive on circuit than impress the local teenagers by competing with their vauxhall corsas with baken bean tin exhausts. 

Quiet gets my vote. 

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm

Shinoo,

Your exhaust was definitely the best looking system.  Excellent workmanship and quality!  I was way to busy being myself to notice the exhaust note, ... I wish that I had!

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:49 pm

post a sound clip please

dp35

Post by dp35 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:12 pm

I have 2 mufflers for mine, a quiet one and a loud one.  I run the loud one all the time, except for when I drive at Laguna Seca, which has very strict sound rules.  If anyone heard my car at WCA, that was the loud version.  IMO, the louder muffler fits the car better.  An Atom is the wrong car to be driving if you want to sneak around.  I have a Toyota truck for those times. 

One advantage of VTEC is that its quieter on the low rpm cam, so when cruising around town its not too loud, even with a loud muffler.  I've driven around town behind an Ecotec Atom, and it was loud all the time.