Registering the ATOM 30O in Nevada ( Las Vegas)

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
pakitor23

Registering the ATOM 30O in Nevada ( Las Vegas)

Post by pakitor23 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:29 am

Hi Guys. As many of you I am waiting to buy the atom until the car can be registered in Las Vegas ( Nevada) in my case. Wife wants to go with me to the mountains with the atom ( as It was a bike). It is a big turn off our UK buddies can enjoy the atom on the regular roads and we have to deal with the registration. :(

I don't want to buy a T-REX, I want the atom 300 with the honda engine. Please If you guys have registered your ATOM in Nevada, PLEASE! let me know here in the forum or send me the info to my personal email at falvarez19@hotmail.com

As soon as I KNOW for sure It can be registered in Las Vegas ( Nevada) I will go to Ashland with the wife and get one! 8)

elevenmg

Re: Registering the ATOM 30O in Nevada ( Las Vegas)

Post by elevenmg » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:29 pm

I talked with Nevada DMV and they said that if it could be registered in CA it can be registered in NV. They also said that if I already had a title they would register it no questions asked. I didn't have a chance to go to the DMV office in person and get something in writing. Hopefully by mid Jan I will have a chance to do so.

I've only been in Nevada (Las Vegas) for 2.5 years. But from every thing I have gathered it shouldn't be much of a problem.

If you hear anything else please let me know.

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:46 pm

I've always pretty much felt that if it gets past Cali regs then most otehr states would just fall in line. Glad to hear what you were told. Let us know how chasing down the details goes. Is the wife already asking you where the suitcases will go in the Atom? Or is Jan the good type that a duffle bag and a wallet is all she needs? :)

Somebody will come up with a way to mount saddle bags or something though. The Atom is just screaming to do a 3 week road trip across the states.

pakitor23

Post by pakitor23 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:27 am

That's good news. I heard that the ATOM would have trouble passing the inspections because no windshield, no rear glass and more things that are required to pass the Nevada inspection. I guess someone will have to show pictures of the ATOM in the Nevada DMV to be sure of that.

Thank you guys. Keep this subject with updates. With the nice all year weather and the mountains, the ATOM is a must for the road.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:43 pm

[quote="Driver"]
Somebody will come up with a way to mount saddle bags or something though.[/quote]

You mean like this?

Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:03 pm

Yes, I've seen those before. I'm thinking something similar, but maybe more oriented towards the hard shell sealed stuff some of the motorcyclists use. The leather stuff... one rainshower and the flap just acts as a funnel to channel that water directly into the bag. The t-rex uses a hard side arrangement. A little big, maybe a slimmer version of that. I have plenty of time to sort it out though. I'll worry about it after I get my Atom. :)