Vermont

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
Jammer

Vermont

Post by Jammer » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:38 am

Since i only mentioned it in passing over the past year or so.. I walked into VT DMV, and walked out 9 minutes later with plates.  They didnt even ask for ID ! Scary, but true. I drove the car in NY, as a VT registered vehicle does not need a NYS inspection and thus cant get ticketed for lacking an inspection. the only state I can get a ticket in in VT..for lacking an inspection.  I had a VT address to use and started an internet company ($40 FOR PAPERWORK)  though never did business.  I didnt need the address in VT or the business .  Simple as Pie.  The cleark says.. Whats an Atom?  I said "one of the new fangled cars, you know, new stuff every year.  I got the title 3 weeks later.

Thye only issue I could imagine is if I was pulled over and showed a NY lisense with VT plates, which was why I was gonna register it in the business name... but the snag there was it was hard to find an insurance company to put the Atom in a business name... so the fall back was that if the car spent more than 6 months a year in VT, it was appropriate to register  it there. So I planned to claim I rented a storage unit in VT for winter if it ever came to that.
Last edited by Jammer on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

dford

Re: Vermont

Post by dford » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:37 am

How about those who took "unconventional means" to get a plate just keep it on the DL. There are some of us out here still working on the registration process........

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:27 am

This area is the DL. It's not public to just anyone for a reason.

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:02 am

[quote="dford"]
How about those who took "unconventional means" to get a plate just keep it on the DL. There are some of us out here still working on the registration process........
[/quote]

The dealer plate option works well in many states with regards to the Atom, but not in NY, but i doubt most cops would know that.