State Farm Insurance

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
zen garage

State Farm Insurance

Post by zen garage » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:11 pm

Whos got it for their Atom?  My agent who covers all my cars is having a hard time writing the policy.  If you have state farm would you mind sending me your policy # via pm so I can forward to their underwriter.
I know there are other companies who will write the Atom, but State Farm send me a ton of biz so I would like to keep it in the family.

bolus

Re: State Farm Insurance

Post by bolus » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:42 pm

My state farm said no way (so I canceled my other policy with them, so much for 20 years of accident free loyalty)

You probably wont get anyone to give you their policy number.  Someone here had their policy canceled because they shared information.  The company would not cover them so they complained that another owner had the policy so the company canceled his policy too. 

These guys will cover it and are familiar with the Atom
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,4652.0.html

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:00 am

zen, Sean is THE man for Atom insurance. Don't speak with anyone but him and you'll be well represented.

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:03 am

Zen Garage... I concur with Bolus. Sean with Rally Insurance will cover the Atom. In fact, on Wednesday I'll call him to cancel my policy... and I'll give him your contact info if you want me to.

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:10 am

Allstate insured ours.  But it was explained this way to me;  The local office took it upon themselves to go out on a limb and insure us.  The National level would not approve it.  They referred us back to our long time local agent.  They insured us.

Whether it makes sense or not, the unlimited miles coverage at full stated value was very nice to have.

ebeck

Post by ebeck » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:26 am

State Farm will NEVER cover this car.  You might find a local agent that will say yes, but when it gets to corporate headquarters for approval the answer is a definite no. 

Speaking of NO, my local Uhaul dealer said NO to renting me a tow dolly because I said I was pulling the Atom.  Of course, I would have never said it if I knew he was going to say no.  Next time, I will just have to lie.

AZ Native

Post by AZ Native » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:11 am

USAA insures mine for only $45/mos.  I havn't heard of anyone cheaper.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:26 pm

AZ Native, USAA doesn't even insure motorcycles anymore. I have to assume that they have NO idea, whatsoever, that you have an Atom insured. I just wouldn't ask them "to be sure". :laugh:

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:50 pm

Insurance??!! I don't need no stinking insurance! ;D

Life by the throat... ;)

AZ Native

Post by AZ Native » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:03 pm

USAA knows what it is.  They refused to insure it at first, then we realized that the first owner already had it insured thru them.  It took half an hour to run it thru their underwriting department over the phone - everyone said no, except for the head guy who gave in.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:15 pm

When I asked USAA (I have 7 vehicles insured by them- for ~20 years), it was a QUICK "NO way".

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:26 pm

I left USAA after 10 years because they wouldn't cover the Atom.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:29 pm

When I started asking Sean about insuring my bikes and my 300 ZX tt, I pretty much decided that I'll get at least these vehicles covered by him instead of USAA. The difference was very large (about half).

ebeck

Post by ebeck » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:31 pm

When it comes to insurance many people mention how much they are paying, but few fail to mention what kind of coverage they are getting.  I highly recommend a $ 250,000 / $500,000 / $ 100,000 coverage policy.  You need high liability insurance with this car.   The deductible is just a matter of your comfort level, and almost a non-issue.   Too many people I know have a $ 100 deductible policy with low liability limits ($10,000 / $ 25,000 / $ 10,000), which is a great way to loose your house and all other assets.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:33 pm

Point well taken. :tu: