Finally got my pink slip!!!

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
fiestycolumbian

Finally got my pink slip!!!

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:36 am

After almost a 7 month process for me, I finally got my CA Title in the mail, and I expect my plates in the mail in a week or two. I tried various DMVs to give me the plates after showing my paperwork, but they all said I needed to send the paperwork to Sacramento where it would take 90 days to verify everything. Well only after 30 days( I expected to wait till September) I got the Title, and I could not be happier!! All that hard work for so long finally paid off. I can't thank everyone enough on this forum for helping me out, they know who they are. I reckon my atom just gained in value, because the registration process is so long and cumbersome, and who wants all that hassle. I probably will never want to do this again, so that means I am married to my atom for life. :D ;D
Fiesty

NathanE

Re: Finally got my pink slip!!!

Post by NathanE » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:15 am

yippee, congratulations feisty.  I hope that you get us some photos of you out on the open road!

Karl

Post by Karl » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:44 am

Congrats fiesty, btw, all of your local DMVs are wrong.  They should at MINIMUM issue you a permit to continue legal operation of the car while you wait for Sacramento to clear the paperwork.  So long as they can't prove that your documentation doesn't check out, you paid registration at the start of the process - you get to drive the car until they give you plates.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:06 am

Thanks guys
I do have the temp permit stuck on my car, and I drive the atom whenever I get a chance to. Just relieved that Sacramento approved everything.
Fiesty

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:45 am

Congratulations Fiesty!

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:59 am

Way to go! :tu:

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:53 pm

Cool....now your completely legal, so if any cop :police: stops you...no problem.
cheers

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:03 pm

Unless Fiesty has been fiesty with the loud pedal. :laugh: :laugh:

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:04 pm

I was not so lucky.  I went to the DMV last week and was told that I would have to wait to hear from Sacramento since all 500 SB100s were already issued.  I'm hoping they will issue the temps.  They did not collect any money from me.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:32 am

yup, cops can't hassle me anymore, thank god for that
rfmarz, umm, the atom was only meant to go fast, so of course I am fiesty with the pedal ;D. Any clear road and I am gone.
Shinoo, sorry to hear about that, maybe you can pm me with a little more details, but suffice to say, they should at least give you a temp permit, Sacramento has nothing to do with it yet, only after all the paperwork including all the checks the atom has to go through is completed, then Sacramento gives the final approval of registration. Maybe you should try a different dmv, ill let you know via pm.

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:40 pm

Congratulations!

People think this process is easy.  Even for $20k I would never go through it again.  I'm shocked that my car wasn't snapped up in half a second given the circumstances.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:11 am

I got my plates! Woohooooo! Wow, after blood, sweat, and tears, it finally feels worth it. I can't believe I am holding it in my hand.
I think the CA DMV have caught on with the atom, and I think Sacramento will always approve the final registration of this car, so any prospective owners will find that comforting. Of course dealing with the Cops/CHP is a whole nother issue, that is the main problem, you definitely have to have a little luck in that department. All you need is patience and faith!!
Anyways I am off to the dmv monday to get my special plates finally.

Fiesty

Driver

Post by Driver » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:59 am

Again, Congrats! :tu: Can the police realistically nix the reg or somehow stand in the way of getting DMV approval at any point from here on like for renwals and such?
Last edited by Driver on Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:32 am

That's great news! 

I got a call from Sacramento on Fri.  They're sending me back to the DMV to get my temp permit.  She reminded me that the 500 exemptions were gone for the year....

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:29 am

How long is the temp permit good for? End of the year or you have to renew it every 30-90 days?