Nightmare DMV experience - avoid Santa Monica DMV

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
SteveH

Nightmare DMV experience - avoid Santa Monica DMV

Post by SteveH » Thu May 10, 2007 9:05 pm

Had my BAR appointment yesterday which went totally smoothly so today I was off to the DMV to complete the registration.  Before I even got the car, I ordered personal plates and had them sent to Santa Monica DMV because that's closest to me.  So I figured I may as well do the registration there and pick up my plates at the same time, even though I have done everything else at the Glendale DMV.

Well, no one there had ANY idea what they were doing.  After the most aggravating hour and forty minutes of my life, the manager comes and says to me, "We have to send your paperwork to Sacramento and then they'll decide if you get plates or not.  It should take about 90 days."

I calmly asked for my paperwork back and left.  Tomorrow I'll go to Glendale where they know what they're doing and the whole thing should take 15 minutes.  I honestly could have punched someone in the face today...

Mr.Woolery

Re: Nightmare DMV experience - avoid Santa Monica DMV

Post by Mr.Woolery » Thu May 10, 2007 9:39 pm

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous.  I was able to drop off my paperwork and pick up my personalized plates at the same time from the Whittier DMV.

I had the same sort of nightmare experiences at the Costa Mesa branch.