Oregon temp tags

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
RyanD

Oregon temp tags

Post by RyanD » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:02 am

Does anyone know if they fixed the problem with getting temporary tags in Oregon?  I haven't heard any update in a while.

bolus

Re: Oregon temp tags

Post by bolus » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:51 am

No official word.  Darth got his temps tags just fine when he went to the DMV last thursday though. 

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 am

[quote="bolus"]
No official word.  Darth got his temps tags just fine when he went to the DMV last thursday though. 
[/quote]

I thought that's what was on his car, which is why I asked.  I didn't know if it was because he lives in Oregon.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:35 am

He got his temp tags because he went to a DMV that was not familiar with the Atom and played dumb.  If he went to the Ashland or Salem DMV that have caused problems then it probably wouldnt have worked. 

But he did not do anything illegal.  He got trip permit for car just like he would for any other car.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:43 am

Follow up on this question.  As of now, Ashland, Medford and Salem wont give temp tags.  The small DMV in Grants pass, which is the next closest to Ashland, will give them. 

House bill 3527 is still in committee.  Once this passes registration will once again be easy in Oregon.