Anonymous Poll: USA Atom Owners, Who are you insured with?

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV

Who is your Atom insured with?

You may select 1 option

View results

Gage

Anonymous Poll: USA Atom Owners, Who are you insured with?

Post by Gage » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:24 am

Who are you insured through?     It is encouraging to others to know that it is possible.

The USA Atom community is looking for Insurance Vendors who WANT our business.   Who is helping us?   Who can we recommend?  How many Atom owners have a long term relationship with a provider that will cover them, but won't cover anyone else?  We all know someone in that situation.  Who got lucky?  Who are you with?   Who has found the ideal company for Atom owners, and what company is it?  Etc..         Feel free to ask insurance questions here.     

Since the poll votes are anonymous, my hope is that everyone will feel comfortable contributing.   If you don't want others to know that YOU are with a certain company, then private message me and I'll put the company on the list.   Then you can vote anonymously.
Also PLEASE feel free to post in this thread if you've got no problems telling every one who you are with.    
I would also like to add Insurance companies to the Poll List as we hear about new ones that will cover Ariel Atom owners.

If you don't see your Insurance company, please let me know by private message or by posting who you are insured with so that I can add them to the list.

I know the list is short.  I need help building it.  I'm also allowing users to change their vote in the event that you change companies.
Last edited by Gage on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bolus

Re: Anonymous Poll: USA Atom Owners, Who are you insured with?

Post by bolus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:33 am

Im with progressive.  The cost seems to be quite variable person to person without a lot of rhyme or reason.  If you contact them about a quote, ask for coverage for a "registered kit car" as seen from the screenshot below.  They will understand this better than "Ariel Atom."  The policy is then determined by the value of the car.  If you reach someone that says they dont have coverage for a kit car, then end the call and call back and find someone who knows what you are talking about.  This will make it easier.

This is a regular car insurance - no mileage limitations, etc

Progressive has turned down other people here so it requires a bit of luck to get coverage.
Attachments
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg (86.66 KiB) Viewed 3773 times

Karl

Post by Karl » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:59 am

You may also want to add a "self-insured" option, as many states offer this to satisfy financial responsibility requirements.

silver

Post by silver » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:54 pm

Bolus,

Not a big deal but I am curious what screen you are in when you see the option for "registered kit car"

I have searched the progressive site and the options for insurance types are
vehicle
homeowner
motorcycle/atv
boat/pwc
rv
snowmobile
segway ht (haha wtf)
commercial auto

Is the screen from your screen shot from somewhere else on the site, or is because you arleady have the insurance?

bolus

Post by bolus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:43 pm

[quote="silver"]
Bolus,

Not a big deal but I am curious what screen you are in when you see the option for "registered kit car"

I have searched the progressive site and the options for insurance types are
vehicle
homeowner
motorcycle/atv
boat/pwc
rv
snowmobile
segway ht (haha wtf)
commercial auto

Is the screen from your screen shot from somewhere else on the site, or is because you arleady have the insurance?
[/quote]

This screen shot is after you have insurance and you go to "add new vehicle"  I never saw this option before I signed up.  But it tells me that they have a specific policy for kit cars.  Other's I've talked to that got progressive called and said "I want a policy for a kit car" and it went very smoothly after that.

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:52 pm

Please keep updating this folks.

nuclear

Post by nuclear » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:46 pm

Great idea.  Thanks Gage.

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:08 am

Made some tweeks to the poll. So people can change their vote, and so it is very specific to who your ATOM is insured with.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:17 pm

I found out yesterday that USAA will not insure the Atom. I was tentatively told that Progressive won't insure it either. When I advised them that I would be using the Atom as a kind of "rolling buildboard" they said they might insure it for liability only. What a hassle. I told the gentleman from the insurance company that the best way to look at the Atom is as a four wheel motorcycle and that when you get off the road you don't "fall down". I'm still waiting to hear what they think.

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:20 pm

By the way, I heard that Rally has insured over 10 Atom's now.  They seem to be the most reliable Atom insurer

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:44 am

Make that 11, Im switching to Rally.  1/2 price of Progressive, which would cancel me if they could find me... long story.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:03 am

Is there any way you could get the mileage figure extended with Rally if you paid more?