Anonymous Poll: USA Atom Owners, Who are you insured with?

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV

Who is your Atom insured with?

You may select 1 option

View results

cshama

Re: Anonymous Poll: USA Atom Owners, Who are you insured with?

Post by cshama » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 am

[quote="rfmarz"]
cshama, just to clarify, I did not keep asking for track coverage. I merely asked why they hold track miles against you when you are not being covered for that time. Of course one could be dishonest and disconnest the speedo but we wouldn't stoop to that level now, would we?  I want as many insurance choices as possible. I wouldn't do anything to compromise our groups insurability. We're all in this together. :tu:
[/quote]

If atom members get a rep for  tracking the car we may have a problem getting insurance anywhere. I really believe in talking as little as possible about this car to insurers. I think without asking you can count on the fact that there are no insurers that will cover you on the track at this point. The trouble is, is that the car looks like a race car so I believe it is best not to underline that point by even mentioning tracking.If you had spoken to Sean as recommended your conversation would have been easier.

Once you have your atom and get registered and insured I can see you becoming as sensitive as me :)

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:39 am

Point well taken. ;D :tu:

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:41 pm

I've never heard of track day insurance until I came to this group. Always assumed it was a UK/Europe thing. Does not surprise me one bit that US companies refuse track coverage. I've even heard some won't cover it if it's in a parking lot at a event. Disclaimer says it won't cover the car while on the premises of any motorsports track (which includes the parking lot).

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:28 am

Boy, this is a blast from the past! 

But actually, I had never seen this thread before, so I just now voted.  Rally for me.  They've always been easy to work with.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 am

I will say this...

Rally writes policies for American Modern, so American Modern is the insurer and Rally is only the agent or "producer" in insurance-speak.

There are other agents that sell American Modern policies, so you're not tied to just one vendor for American Modern coverage.