Need big favor on MSO

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
cshama

Need big favor on MSO

Post by cshama » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:03 am

Is it possible somebody could email a copy of the MSO(Manufacturers Certificate of Origin) to me at Cshama@aol.com. Obviously with personal info blacked out

I am just trying to find out if the MSO will pass muster with the DMV in New York. ie does it say oof road use only or something similar that would cause a problem?

Terry Kennedy

Re: Need big favor on MSO

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:54 am

[quote="cshama"]I am just trying to find out if the MSO will pass muster with the DMV in New York. ie does it say oof road use only or something similar that would cause a problem?
[/quote]

Most important is what it does not say - there's no "This vehicle complies with all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards as of the date of manufacture". That's what will get you into trouble...

cshama

Post by cshama » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:59 am

[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
[quote="cshama"]I am just trying to find out if the MSO will pass muster with the DMV in New York. ie does it say oof road use only or something similar that would cause a problem?
[/quote]

Most important is what it does not say - there's no "This vehicle complies with all applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards as of the date of manufacture". That's what will get you into trouble...
[/quote]

Ok got what I needed. Maybe the droids at my local dmv won't even notice.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:28 am

[quote="cshama"]Maybe the droids at my local dmv won't even notice.
[/quote]

Here's my best guess at what will happen - you'll show up with the paperwork and since the brand/model isn't one the clerk knows about, they'll contact their internal support people to ask how it should be processed. Those people probably have a big note that says "No Atoms!" since someone has already tried to register an Atom in your state.