Registrations Achieved - List of States

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
Karl

Re: Registrations Achieved - List of States

Post by Karl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:45 pm

The state had reason to believe that it did not qualify as a 'specially constructed vehicle', i.e. that it was built for resale.

wgriswold

Post by wgriswold » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:02 am

[quote="Karl"]
[quote="Driver"]

[/quote]

Remember - plates don't count, as they're issued by field offices. You can only scream "success!" when you get the pink slip.
[/quote]

"SUCCESS!"  I got my pink slip today, much earlier than I would have thought.  Feels great.

Anyone ever heard of DMV changing its mind after title is issued??  If they launch a crusade against the Atom someday, do you tink they go retroactive against those who already have title? ... hopefully I'm just being paranoid now, but Karl really had me freaked out for a while.

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:12 am

You got your pink slip from where? Are you in Cali? Checked the previous page of posts... Ok, I'll add you to the list of successful Cali people.

Pet Project: Get everyone to Voluntarily list locale (general or specific) where it shows up in their posts. Click Here to Learn How.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:43 am

Congrats wgriswold...that's great news for all the CA people. Don't think about them changing their minds because what you think about expands and may become reality. Just think about legally driving your Atom.
Cheers®

Karl

Post by Karl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:24 am

[quote="wgriswold"]
"SUCCESS!"  I got my pink slip today, much earlier than I would have thought.  Feels great.

Anyone ever heard of DMV changing its mind after title is issued??  If they launch a crusade against the Atom someday, do you tink they go retroactive against those who already have title? ... hopefully I'm just being paranoid now, but Karl really had me freaked out for a while.
[/quote]

Fantastic.  Just fantastic.  To answer your question, I've not heard of anyone's pink slip getting retracted, aside from of course those guys caught in the Titles Unlimited scandal.

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:36 pm

I would like to add Mississippi to the List.

For the Tax collector/Title and Registration office we produced: 
The M.S.O.  Manufacturer's statement of Origin, with Mileage, and PIN/VIN.  The PIN is always a VIN.  Remember that.
Proof of Insurance
Bills of Sale showing date of sale, price, seller, etc.
Also (although probably not needed) a Notarized Affidavit of Ownership
Then the Tax Collector/Title and Registration Office at the local and state level rejected us because they could not recognize our Vin in the state computer.    That happened Here:

The State Level office told us to get an inspection from the highway patrol to obtain a form MVT-59 before we could get our Title and Tag.   We did so.  This is a shot of our inspection:

We then brought that form back to the Tax collectors office.   The statewide computer system still could not process our VIN.   It had to be entered at the State Capitol office manually.       Their computers were down for the day....glitching out.
So, sad......and tired, we left.     We went back the next day, paid alto of money, and got our Tag from this sweet, hard working person.       

Below is the result.  We are VERY HAPPY.

Last edited by Gage on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:16 am

Congrats! Yes, I'm jealous.  ;D

BTW, what did you use for a Bill of Sale?

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:46 am

LOL at pictures of the DMV.  I should have taken my camera. 

Bottoz, I have a copy of my invoice that has "paid in full" with a signature hand written at the top.  I use that as my bill of sale

cshama

Post by cshama » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:02 pm

well done. I don't think anybody understands how nerve racking the registration process can be.

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:37 pm

UGH. Now the Colorado State DMV doesn't think the MSO is valid from Brammo.  >:(

Karl

Post by Karl » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:59 pm

[quote="Bottoz"]
UGH. Now the Colorado State DMV doesn't think the MSO is valid from Brammo.  >:(
[/quote]

Do they think that the certificate is somehow non-compliant, or are they convinced that Brammo did not in fact build the car?

rock

Post by rock » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:59 am

add indiana. BMV knows the car.
add progressive insurance ...will underwrite if driving record is  acceptable.