Yet another insurance option - CWG Collector car

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
bolus

Yet another insurance option - CWG Collector car

Post by bolus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:04 pm

I spoke to Kathy, the district manager at Continental Western Group today about their collector car insurance.  After review the the Ariel Atom website and talking to me she agreed to cover Ariel Atoms as a part of their insurance.  Normally, this insurance is directed more toward collector cars that maintain or increase in value over time so the policy is more expensive than the others we have heard about.  But no harm in getting another insurance company involved.

Website is http://www.cwgcollectorcar.com/ 
If you call ask for Kathy at 1-800-603-3330

they cover 18 states which should be listed on the website.

No coverage for track use and you would need to sign an agreement that insurance would not cover any track related damage.  Driving schools (not timed, no competition involved) would be covered though. 

My quote was around $2000 per year for $68K and comprehensive with 500 deductible. More expensive than all the other insurances I've talked to though. 

SteveH

Re: Yet another insurance option - CWG Collector car

Post by SteveH » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:13 pm

It would be a great resource if there were a "sticky" post with confirmed insurance companies, their contact info and a contact person's name.  Is that possible?

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:31 pm

[quote="SteveH"]
It would be a great resource if there were a "sticky" post with confirmed insurance companies, their contact info and a contact person's name.  Is that possible?
[/quote]

I was just thinking that I'll create a post with all the insurance information I've collected and then add to it whenever we get another confirmation.  I'll do that tonight

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:48 pm

[quote="bolus"]
[quote="SteveH"]
[/quote]

I was just thinking that I'll create a post with all the insurance information I've collected and then add to it whenever we get another confirmation.  I'll do that tonight
[/quote]
Thanks.....appreciate it. Can you include a category that states the mileage coverage. I still would like an unlimited mileage policy for the first year.

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:28 pm

If someone can  put it together in a readable fashion I'll make it sticky.

I'd also suggest policies should be confirmed, not those ones where they write you up and 1-3 months later they send you a cancellation notice.

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:32 pm

[quote="Driver"]
If someone can  put it together in a readable fashion I'll make it sticky.

I'd also suggest policies should be confirmed, not those ones where they write you up and 1-3 months later they send you a cancellation notice.
[/quote]

perhaps a category of whether it is confirmed or not would be good, but it's nice to have a list of people who even are willing to talk about the Atom.  We can do our own work from there.