whats involved to register an atom in oregon..

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
patentshark

Re: whats involved to register an atom in oregon..

Post by patentshark » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:05 pm

Smog should not be your only concern.  While I am not from CA, nor am I familiar with CA vehicle laws, there are also other requirements you need to consider.  Again, these may or may not apply depending upon the state where you are registering the car. 

The two biggest ones would be a windscreen and bumpers.  Many states require DOT approved windscreens including some form of a wiper mechanism.  This may be a pretty big concern.  Bumper requirements are more arguable. 

Make sure you look at all requirements for your state.  The car will look pretty in the garage, but would be nicer on the road.

dp35

Re: whats involved to register an atom in oregon..

Post by dp35 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:40 pm

You could be right, and more research about windshields and bumpers should be done.  Its never a good idea to leave some stones unturned and think we've got it made. 

One thing I have learned, is that if you purchase an Atom that's already registered in another state, such as Oregon, and you want to register it in California, as long as it passes smog, you should be alright.  Of course, what DMV told me could change at any time when someone actually wants to register a car, but that is what I was told.