Weirdness using Internet Explorer 8

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
John H

Weirdness using Internet Explorer 8

Post by John H » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:11 am

When I type a message, specifically a reply where I have quoted someone, I can't see what I am typing as it disappears below the bottom edge of the box and bounces up and down as and when I hit the keys.
Bloody annoying and I tend to make more errors and typos asa a result. It's on any computer too, not specific to just one.
Any ideas?
Last edited by John H on Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hedge

Re: Weirdness

Post by Hedge » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:13 am

Drugs?

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:20 am

:)
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John H

Post by John H » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:24 am

[quote="Hedge"]
Drugs?
[/quote]
no thanks............... not until they invent some I haven't abused that is.
Bored with the offerings on sale these days.
Class A is just so passe!
eh?
heh
Quite fancy a go on PCP though........neck a load of that stuff and go in a pub in Millwall with a baseball bat

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:27 am

[quote="John H"]
Quite fancy a go on PCP though........neck a load of that stuff and go in a pub in Millwall with a baseball bat
[/quote]

Just when I thought you couldn't be any more of mentalist.....
Cheers, Hedge

jonny

Post by jonny » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:03 pm

[quote="John H"]
When I type a message, specifically a reply where I have quoted someone, I can't see what I am typing as it disappears below the bottom edge of the box and bounces up and down as and when I hit the keys.
Bloody annoying and I tend to make more errors and typos asa a result. It's on any computer too, not specific to just one.
Any ideas?
[/quote]

IE or Firefox, or both ?

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:12 pm

I have seen this behaviour with IE, but thought it was just something odd on that PC. If others are suffering it may be something to do with the switch over. I don't have any problems with Firefox, which is what I use on most PCs.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

John H

Post by John H » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:48 pm

[quote="Richard Marler"]
I have seen this behaviour with IE, but thought it was just something odd on that PC. If others are suffering it may be something to do with the switch over. I don't have any problems with Firefox, which is what I use on most PCs.
[/quote]
it's on IE. I can't use firefox as it corrupts the security for my vpn or some random IT stuff like that.
Anyone know of a fix? Didn't do it before I don't think. Maybe this latest version.
Don't get the problem on any other forum

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 pm

[quote="John H"]
[quote="Richard Marler"]
[/quote]
it's on IE. I can't use firefox as it corrupts the security for my vpn or some random IT stuff like that.
Anyone know of a fix? Didn't do it before I don't think. Maybe this latest version.

Don't get the problem on any other forum
[/quote]

No problem here. Sounds like IE. Do I really need to say it? Get A :angel:

Or, you could try to hit PREVIEW before you post. It'll give you a opportunity to correct any mistakes.

jonny

Post by jonny » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Yeah looks like IE, use Firefox :)

John H

Post by John H » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:28 pm

[quote="jonny"]
[/quote]
I really don't like firefox. I know everyone raves about it, but I personally don't get it at all.
Same with Thunderbird........now that truly is a pile of crap. It makes all your emails look pony.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:55 pm

[quote="John H"]
[quote="jonny"]
[/quote]
I really don't like firefox. I know everyone raves about it, but I personally don't get it at all.
Same with Thunderbird........now that truly is a pile of crap. It makes all your emails look pony.
[/quote]

firefox will auto-enter all your passwords no need to tab on the window or anything, I use between 20 and 30 websites for work a day that this feature makes my life just that much simpler.

but to truely "get" firefox you have to watch someone use it who's installed a bunch of plug-in's to see what it can really do.....the basic download is no more impressive then IE

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:02 pm

I have to say I am a big firefox fan, but the site should work with all browsers, so the 'yeah buy a mac' or 'use firefox' lines shouldn't be needed. John can you just confirm which version of IE you are using?

As an aside, the latest version of IE with all its bells and whistles really is an incredible hog. And since when do browsers need a special plugin to allow older sites to work well. Another example, along with office and my current pet hate MS Live, where MS have let feature creep get out of control. I use messenger a lot on a lot of different PCs. Now with MS Live it takes ages just working out which features I can turn off to get a basic messenger installation. I will now dismount my very high horse.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

John H

Post by John H » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:06 pm

[quote="Richard Marler"]
I have to say I am a big firefox fan, but the site should work with all browsers, so the 'yeah buy a mac' or 'use firefox' lines shouldn't be needed. John can you just confirm which version of IE you are using?

As an aside, the latest version of IE with all its bells and whistles really is an incredible hog. And since when do browsers need a special plugin to allow older sites to work well. Another example, along with office and my current pet hate MS Live, where MS have let feature creep get out of control. I use messenger a lot on a lot of different PCs. Now with MS Live it takes ages just working out which features I can turn off to get a basic messenger installation. I will now dismount my very high horse.
[/quote]
spot on Richard, why should i not be able to use a basic forum on the worlds most popular browser. Yeah macs are cool and firefox is cool, but I personally dont use them and quite like IE.
The new MS live is utter wank...............frustrates the hell out of me too, hence my defection to erm....................facebook, which is also enormously irritating, but at least u get to look at strangers breasts

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Really john. Unfortunately i dont post pics of my breasts on my Facebook but your more than welcome to add me