Non-receipt of Validation Emails

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
drj

Non-receipt of Validation Emails

Post by drj » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Please note it's taken me a lot of trying to get onto here. I originally registered yesterday using a new email address and never received the validation email - despite several requests to resend it. That email address is however working on test emails. I then changed my email address to my standard day-to-day one (which is obviously working for other uses) - but still didn't get the validation email despite several attempts. Finally today I used the "base" email address of my email service which I usually never give out - with that one the verification email came through immediately. I've checked the Spam filter at my ISP (Orange) and nothing relevant is in there so emails from your site must be being blocked prior to that point...

I'd also note as an aside that this site appears to be operating very slowly - just getting a preview of what I typed above took about 60 seconds...

David - just bought one, not picked it up yet!

benyeats

Re: Non-receipt of Validation Emails

Post by benyeats » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:16 pm

The site was slow this morning but seems to have sped up this afternoon somewhat

drj

Post by drj » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:06 pm

It has taken me TWO DAYS to change an email address - I kept feeding in different ones but to no avail - no validation emails were ever received and I was locked out of the forum. There should be contact details on the front page to obviate this problem - i.e. at present you can't contact anyone. An email to the Atom Club Webmaster has gone unanswered...

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 pm

[quote="drj"]
An email to the Atom Club Webmaster has gone unanswered...
[/quote]

Just a thought perhaps the volunteer web master was busy

ross

Post by ross » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:06 am

I'm not aware of any problems on this front.

Are you 100% sure the validation emails are getting filtered at your end?

Cheers, Ross