Possible forum down time over the next couple of days

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
ross

Possible forum down time over the next couple of days

Post by ross » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi all,

The following is due to take place beginning on 22nd July 2008, from 8pm (BST) and running until 23rd July 2008 8am (BST).

"We will shortly be carrying out an upgrade to your web hosting service. The upgrade involves moving your Web site and e-mail content onto new server hardware of a higher specification. There will also be a change to the version of software currently in use..."

...so, don't be entirely suprised if there is some downtime over the next couple of days.

Apologies in advance for the inevitable aggravation this will cause.

Cheers, Ross.

Driver

Re: Possible forum down time over the next couple of days

Post by Driver » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Upgrade to forum software (1.1.2 to SMF 1.1.5)?

Would really like to see an update to the Coppermine software that runs over on the Gallery. 1.3.2 is REAL old. 1.4.18 is current version.
Last edited by Driver on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ross

Post by ross » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:27 pm

No, this is an upgrade to the underlying platform that the ISP is doing.  I'm going to look at updating the forum version to 1.1.5 though once that's done.

I'm afraid I'm not going to touch the Coppermine software - if someone else wants to run a club gallery that's fine by me!

Cheers, Ross.

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:53 pm

I'd do the update but, I fear, it requires FTP access (at the least) to the underlying directory, and possibly server software.

ross

Post by ross » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Yep it does I'm afraid.  I was thinking more along the lines of someone else running one themselves.

Cheers, Ross.

ross

Post by ross » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 am

Ho hum, doesn't look like this upgrade happened so I imagine it will happen at some other time in the near future.