Club room?

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
Bruce Fielding

Re: Club room?

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:44 pm

[quote="DADOH"]

HI Ross/moderators, the clubroom topics are visible, but I can't see the The Registered Users Enclosure or the The Owners Club Members Lounge- can anyone sort this please???
[/quote] :D :D :D :D :D
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:38 am

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

ross

Post by ross » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:26 am

[quote="DADOH"]

HI Ross/moderators, the clubroom topics are visible, but I can't see the The Registered Users Enclosure or the The Owners Club Members Lounge- can anyone sort this please???
[/quote]

Ummm, neither can I.  I'm not sure what areas you're referring to I'm afraid.

Cheers, Ross.

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:31 pm

Ross when I first joined there were some sections, not forum threads, which had various organisation we could get discounts from, and also had technical hints etc.

I saw these only when I first made payment to join, they have since disappeared, the only extra area I can now see since paying are the clubroom threads, and the following sections in the my membership section:

You are currently a member until 1st March 2009

Account options
Logout
Change password
Change email address (used for login)
Update contact details

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:41 pm

[quote="DADOH"]
...but I can't see the The Registered Users Enclosure or the The Owners Club Members Lounge- can anyone sort this please???
[/quote]

That's because you don't live in Central London where they can be found...  ;)
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:01 pm

[quote="DADOH"]

Ross when I first joined there were some sections, not forum threads, which had various organisation we could get discounts from, and also had technical hints etc.

I saw these only when I first made payment to join, they have since disappeared, the only extra area I can now see since paying are the clubroom threads, and the following sections in the my membership section:

Account options
Logout
Change password
Update contact details

[/quote]

There are different logins for the forum and the club members sections of the website.  To log into the bits you are talking about use the email that you joined under and password.  In theory combining the two is being worked on but I will believe it when I see it !

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Benyeats, Bruce >:( Ross et al yes I am logging in to the atomclub.com website successfully,  it tells me I am a paid up member until 1st march 2009, but the options on there are limited to changing my password , e mail address and contact details , link as below:

http://www.atomclub.com/account/index.c ... N=12875643

The forum simply autologs me on with remembered details as DADOH, with a different password to the atomclub

Thanks for your patience guys

John H

Post by John H » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:25 pm

[quote="DADOH"]

Hi Benyeats, Bruce >:( Ross et al yes I am logging in to the atomclub.com website successfully,  it tells me I am a paid up member until 1st march 2009, but the options on there are limited to changing my password , e mail address and contact details , link as below:

http://www.atomclub.com/account/index.c ... N=12875643

The forum simply autologs me on with remembered details as DADOH, with a different password to the atomclub

Thanks for your patience guys
[/quote]
I still get the quote thing wrong 75% of the time. I never log onto the atomclub bit.........what is it?
I'm quite concerned that Alec hasn't been posting much recently though.......has anyone heard from him? I mean at that age anything could have happened.

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:18 am

He was online yesterday.
And by "online" I mean his puter was plugged in and he was logged in on the forum.

Hope he's okay... he's not normally this quiet

ross

Post by ross » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:24 am

I'm afraid that I don't look after the www.atomclub.com website or its database backend - I believe it's Piers but perhaps someone else can clarify that.

I only adminster the forum.

Cheers, Ross.

Drinks

Post by Drinks » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:22 am

[quote="John H"]
I'm quite concerned that Alec hasn't been posting much recently though.......has anyone heard from him? I mean at that age anything could have happened.
[/quote]
I thought he was heading out to the California Coastal Road Trip end of October-early November

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:13 pm

[quote="John H"]
[/quote]

[quote="apollyon25"]
He was online yesterday.
And by "online" I mean his puter was plugged in and he was logged in on the forum.

Hope he's okay... he's not normally this quiet
[/quote]

[quote="Drinks"]
I thought he was heading out to the California Coastal Road Trip end of October-early November
[/quote]

Thanks for your concern.  :tu:

I've been around but not doing much lately.

The California Coastal Road Trip seems to be faltering a bit as a few may be dropping out due to work commitments.

I suppose it's a good job I didn't book a flight early if it isn't going ahead.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:17 pm

[quote="DADOH"]

Account options
Logout
Change password
Update contact details

[/quote]

That's all I've been able to access for about a year and no one seems to have been able to sort it out for me either.

I don't bother visiting there any more as it's a waste of time for the amount I can read.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Alec, thanks for sharing this, the annoying thing is I had a brief glimpse of it when I first paid a couple of days ago, but others also don't seem to be able to see it? most strange but I'm sure I wasn't imagining it......

Anyhow will concentrate on the forum where the real action is (or isn't), but have PM'd Piers in case he can resolve this.

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:30 pm

I used to be able to see it, as I read a lot of the track guides, but I haven't seen hardly anything since the membership records were revamped and the site software was upgraded around about July last year.

Can't even remember what else is on there now as it's been so long.  :-\